Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: No Wonder We're Screwed page 15

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    body language and a cart
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    body language and a cart
    True, and I drive my grocery basket the same way I drive my car, aggressively!
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    When I'm around people my age, I feel like the world's most healthy person. So many people on pain meds, back issues, diabetes, meds, ulcers.... But I get the stink eye because of "your cholesterol must be insane" or my very favorite..... "That weightlifting is going to MESS YOU UP" normally from people with fucked up knees from running. People with running injuries LOVE to warn about weightlifting.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Now at the age of 51 I have nothing to complain about, no illness that bother me, I recover good from relative high volume and high frequency training, no injuries or joint pains to write home about. My strength, endurance and flexibility levels are pretty much the same as in my twenties, yep I can even bench press and leg press more weight for more reps now! So something must be wrong since everything seems good, so a disaster will probably hit me tomorrow or the day after…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Every time I go to WalMart I feel like a shark swimming through a sea of catfish. Actually, I feel like that most places, really.
    Same for me but I compare it to more a wolf stalking a flock of sheep. Not that I'm some Hulk looking dude, it is more attitude than anything else. There is just something about a majority of people in the US that makes me think of week, meek and mild sheep.

Fat or not, weak is weak.
    I feel like that in most places. and i'm not particularly imposing at 5'10" and currently 182 (down 10.5lbs since winter bulk). I think it's attitude/posture whatever.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Every time I go to WalMart I feel like a shark swimming through a sea of catfish. Actually, I feel like that most places, really.
    Same for me but I compare it to more a wolf stalking a flock of sheep. Not that I'm some Hulk looking dude, it is more attitude than anything else. There is just something about a majority of people in the US that makes me think of week, meek and mild sheep.

Fat or not, weak is weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I feel like that in most places. and i'm not particularly imposing at 5'10" and currently 182 (down 10.5lbs since winter bulk). I think it's attitude/posture whatever.
    I agree, it has to be attitude/posture. I'm a small female (5'2", ~110lbs) and people get out of my way all the time. I've had people claim that I "intimidated" them. Uh... really? Now if only the motion sensor light in my garage would see me and light up when I go out there!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I agree, it has to be attitude/posture. I'm a small female (5'2", ~110lbs) and people get out of my way all the time. I've had people claim that I "intimidated" them. Uh... really? Now if only the motion sensor light in my garage would see me and light up when I go out there!
    I was told by the director of new projects that they had to keep me in my position because people were afraid of me. I'm not sure why they are afraid, perhaps my take-no-shit attitude intimidates them or because I report directly to the chairman of the corporation, who never returns my phone calls or emails, but I'm telling them that.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Attitude and body language works regardless of your size.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Now at the age of 51 I have nothing to complain about, no illness that bother me, I recover good from relative high volume and high frequency training, no injuries or joint pains to write home about. My strength, endurance and flexibility levels are pretty much the same as in my twenties, yep I can even bench press and leg press more weight for more reps now! So something must be wrong since everything seems good, so a disaster will probably hit me tomorrow or the day after…
    I'm 58 and have started going to a gym in Suez with some of my guys and there are other men that come from Suez. Almost all of them are 20 to 30 years younger than I am, have spindly little legs and I'm out lifting most of them. And they seem a bit put off by my aggressive attitude, arms full of tattoos and working out barefoot.

Yea, I have a few aches and pains but nothing that I can't work through. Still have a lot of work to do on my abs.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    When I'm around people my age, I feel like the world's most healthy person. So many people on pain meds, back issues, diabetes, meds, ulcers
    Same here. Everybody my age, or close to my age, that I know are taking at least one prescription medication and various OTC meds. Seems like they are sick all the time and complain about their illnesses and injuries constantly.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was at the supermarket the other day (I don't usually shop there) and at least half the people there seemed liked zombies, lights on, nobody home. I'm not sure they'd move out of the way no matter how intimidating someone seemed, they didn't appear to notice anything. Some were overweight, some were not, young or old it didn't seem to matter.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415