Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, here goes nothing page

Well, here goes nothing

Shop Now
    No time like today to get started on my Primal life, and no better way to be held accountable for myself than this, right? If I don't write it down, then I don't have to look at it. If I don't have to look at it, then I don't have to think about it- and we all know what happens when we don't think.

I will be updating this throughout the day as I go along. I am not exactly 100% Primal, but it is a heck of a lot better than what I was doing, and I'm planning to get more Primal as I go along.

Day 1:

B: 6oz Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 and 1/3 cup steamed green beans, 2 cups coffee with 4oz whole milk.

L: 8 chicken wings (boiled, not fried) soaked overnight in Tabasco sauce. 1 small green apple, 20oz plain water. 1oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese.

S: 20oz plain water, 5 frozen grapes. (not hungry yet at all, even though it's been 4 hours since lunch. Just hot from riding the bike and walking.)

D: now I am HUNGRY. So, big meal it is. 5oz ground beef, 1 small sweet potato (and by small I mean like 2.5 inches long) 2 medium carrots, 2 cups spinach- all tossed in the same pan as the beef, drippings and all. Finish with 1oz extra sharp cheddar cheese. 20oz water.

Planned workout: 30-35 minute bike ride, which includes walking up 3 giant hills (35-40% incline, about 8ish yards in length)

Actual Workout: 15 minute walk, about half of which included trekking a 35% incline. 2 reps each: 5 squats, 5 pushups, 10 seconds planking. (Planking is going to kill me, I think.)

Also took bike out- got in a 25 minute ride, walked up 1 giant hill, and got in another 10 minutes of walking on the way back.

They also just mowed the grass outside- it's a big yard- and I think I am gonna do 5 or 10 minutes barefoot in the grass later. Should be awesome!

And why not, cruddy starter pics:

IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    Last edited by phillyfarmgurl; 06-10-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Began Paleo journey 06/08/2014
    Beginning weight: 244.3 pounds/ 41.8% bodyfat
    Current Weight: 236.7 pounds/41.0% bodyfat
    Goal weight: 150 pounds/ 15% bodyfat

"The path to a better life begins with a single step."

Beth249 is offline Member
    I won't wish you good luck because I believe that luck doesn't happen on this site-- better help through accountability does. Look forward to your journey.

Elessar is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to your new life and lifestyle. You'll be amazed! Welcome!
    "The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can." J.R.R. Tolkien

Was real nice to get outside and MOVE. Didn't get a chance to go barefoot in the grass (thunderstorms) but I am sure that will come up again.

Day 2:

Didn't sleep very well last night, passing thunderstorms kept waking me up. Need an earlier bedtime, I think.

B: Greek yogurt (Chobani strawberry banana), 12 ounces coffee, 4 ounces whole milk.

L: 3 cups field greens, 1hardboiled egg. 3oz tuna drained, 1.5 cup string beans, 1/4 red onion. Balsamic vinegar dressing, 20oz water (was proud of myself for this- I sat in the middle of 4 people eating hamburgers, French fries, and cookies. Didn't even want it- which surprised me.)

S: 12 almonds, 2 nori sheets

D: 4oz chicken breast, 1 tablespoon mayo, 1 medium carrot,2.5 cups veggie mix (broccoli, carrots, red bell peppers), 1oz mild cheddar cheese, 6 oz coffee, 6 ounces whole milk

Planned exercises: 2 reps each 5 squats, 5 pushups, 10 seconds planking. Walking 25 minutes, may include hills.

Actual exercises: 1 rep each 5 squats, 5 pushups, 8 seconds planking. 15 minutes walking, 2 small hills climbed.

I am thinking of investing in a high-quality, primal friendly protein powder- suggestions? I also want to start making smoothies (easier for breakfast and snacks) as well.
    Last edited by phillyfarmgurl; 06-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    PFG, welcome, and great call switching to a Primal Life. I'm on day... 7 of my journey, and the differences you will notice in just diet are astounding! As for the exercise, well today is day 1 of that for me, so here goes nothing, and you're already winning the battle on that one!

Keep it up, and you will see results in no time. If you're ever discouraged (which you won't be), just come here for support. The community here is the best.

Cheers,
    - Jim
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Day 3: (already? wow)

Another restless night, but that was because I kept myself up trying to finish a homework assignment- which I did get done, at 2:30 this am.

Going to nap later and go to bed early to make up for it.

B: 12oz coffee, 4 oz whole milk. "instant breakfast"- 8 oz whole milk, and chocolate flavored sugar free meal replacement powder.

S: handful of almonds (10ish), lunch was gonna be very late and I was STARVING

L: 4oz hamburger, 1 slice sharp cheddar. 4 oz baked sweet potato fries, banana, 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, 1.5 cup baby carrots, 20oz water. Broke down and ate 6 regular French fries. (Was a no sleep/craving/whoopsie- however I passed on the giant white roll the burger was sitting on!!)

D: Clam chowder (Manhattan) 2 cups, cup of chamomile tea (not very hungry) 20 oz water sipped over an hour

Planned exercise: none

Actual exercise: 15 minute moderate walk, climbed 3 small hills. 2 reps of 5 each squats, pushups (knee) and 12 seconds planking.

Also got a break this afternoon, so naptime!!
    Last edited by phillyfarmgurl; 06-11-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Day 4:

Talked to my mom last night (diabetic, high blood pressure, low thyroid, very overweight, very CW) and she told me they had to bump her pressure meds again- but she's fine, really. She told me that I am her example, and that I need to succeed at changing my life so that she can copy me and change hers, too. So, now it feels like I need to be her mom? I dunno, I just know I don't want to be where she is, and I want her to get healthy as well. Shoot, my whole family is overweight, with high blood pressure (mom, dad, grandma, brother, me) and diabetic (mom, dad, sister) and a BUNCH of nastiness runs on the family line (HBP, diabetes, colon cancer, alcoholism) and I knew I didn't want ANY parts of it. I just don't know how to convince Mom that she really needs to stop buying the cakes, cookies, ice cream and candy she loves so much (but it was on SALE- plus I had a coupon!) before it kills her and the rest of the family too.

In other news, I took a giant ass nap yesterday- 5 hours!! and went to bed early. Still a little tired, but I think I woke up before I was ready.

B: 6 oz Greek yogurt with pomagranate seeds in it (not as primal as it sounds), 12oz coffee with 4 oz whole milk, 1 cup apple juice (homemade- boiled apples for sauce, this was what was left when they were strained- eating the applesauce with dinner)

S: 18 almonds, 16oz water

L: really late-BAS, 1 whole chicken breast cubed, 3 oz feta cheese, 1/3 red onion, balsamic vinaigrette, 20oz water

D: 1/2 pound lamb shoulder chop, 1.75 cups string beans, 1 cup homemade applesauce (apples boiled till soft, them mashed. Still has skin in it.) 20oz water

Planned exercise: Walk 15 minutes, 2 reps each 5 squats, 5 pushups (knee), 10 second planking.

Actual exercise: Walk 25 minutes, small hill climbed. 2 reps each 10 squats, 10 pushups (knee), 15 seconds planking.

Something also happened to me today that was odd. Well, maybe not so much odd, but NEW. I FELT FULL. BEFORE I ATE ALL MY DINNER. This has never happened to me before. Usually I eat so damn fast I eat everything, then some more, then all of a sudden, I'm stuffed. I'm not used to this, lol. The other thing I noticed- for the last 2 days, I haven't been getting crazy hungry at night, either. It's like once 9pm hits, my stomach turns off completely. If I do feel a little hungry (mostly because I'm sitting still, so it must be time to eat, right?) I can have a cup of herbal tea, and that's enough.

I think I'm gonna like this.
    Last edited by phillyfarmgurl; 06-13-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Have to say I like the title of this thread. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

K-Tel Records is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome! I haven't been around the last couple days so i'm checking out some new journals! I like the title of this journal as well. I've been slacking on my primal/Paleo big time these past 2 days but I do have to say that, over the last 2.5 months i've been doing this consistently along with working out, I went from a size 16 and my 12's are loose today. I have also never felt better. (Now I gotta get back on the wagon LOL) looking forward to following your journey!

Melissa
    Primal shennanigans! My Journal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast