Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My I'm stuck eating army food, I'll make the most of it journal page

Speedwagon is offline Junior Member

My I'm stuck eating army food, I'll make the most of it journal

Shop Now
    For the entire month of June, I'm on Fort Bragg for training. I figure this is a good time to give up on any garbage food I've been eating lately.

Ended up eating fast food on the drive or here from Colorado, just because I wanted out of the car, and was lazy.

Not starting at the beginning, since I am a week in already. But I'll start with right now. I don't know all the ingredients, but I try to make the most primal decision I can given my choices. Haven't had any soda all week though, and I've limited the sugar fairly well.

Tonight's dinner was ham slices with pineapple, peas and carrots, and a salad with black olives, onion, cheese, bacon bits (meh on those), and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Topping it off with water to drink.

Edit: ended up going out last night, and had a Cuban sandwich with fries, and an angry orchard cider. I had skipped lunch, and had eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Some of my goals are to eat better by cutting out junk, stop grazing just because it is there, and lose about 10lbs. I've been semi primal for a year, but I'd like to stop eating so much of the trash when it is convenient. I've been hovering around 158 for awhile now. I'd like to be under 150 with current muscle mass(or heavier with more muscle). I was always 67", but my last two army measurements have been 68", both after I started seeing a chiropractor.

Sent from my HTCONE using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Speedwagon; 06-09-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Beth249 is offline Member
    What kind of training? My husbands military and I know how hard it is to eat this way with all the fast food joints around a base. How about the Commissary? Ours is filled with organic packaged meats, packaged salads, and avocados. I was on a C5 recently and the guy next to me was eating spinach leaves out of a bag. I tried it, no so bad.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Well I'm in barracks, no fridge or anything. And since they are supplying food, any additional would come out if my pocket. Passing by the fast food has been easy. Passing up on bar food when I'm out is harder. I'm here for mos reclass.

This mornings breakfast: power is out, so they has cereal, bread, bagels, sliced fruit, and cottage cheese out. Pineapple and cottage cheese it is! Plus a banana.

Last edited by Speedwagon; 06-09-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Broodwich is offline Member
    Props to you for making the best of it!! Maybe when you finish your MOS change you'll go somewhere with the fancy barracks where only 2 people share 1 kitchen; I got lucky to have that my last year in the Army and I almost never went to the chow hall after that. Too bad I didn't know about living primally then lol.

But even if not it sounds like you're making good choices and staying positive. Good luck in your eating and your training!

I get to go back home. I'm national guard, not active army. So I'm using this time to establish good habits, that I will use back home.

Power and gas was restored just before lunch, so no time to cook it. They had baked beans, fries, and sandwiches. I got the turkey sandwich(skipped the bread), baked beans, and a salad.

Dinner was cooked turkey, peas and carrots, and a salad. I've found it fairly easy to let go of soda. Occasionally I get a Powerade or juice, but mostly just water.

This mornings meal is an omelette with ham, mushrooms, green peppers, cheese, tomatoes, and onions. Sausage patties, and some cantaloupe with cottage cheese.

Lunch today is lemon chicken, green beans, named potatoes, coleslaw, and a small glass of Powerade.

Tonight was Italian sausage, cheesy potatoes, green beans, and a salad (with black olives, onions, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette)

Last edited by Speedwagon; 06-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Went out last night, and ended up getting fish tacos with mango salsa, fries, and since beer.

This morning was eggs, sausage patties, home fries (?), and cantaloupe.

Lunch was skipped in favor of a hike, though I did have an Arizona green tea.

Dinner is an Italian sausage, pork chop, mashed potatoes with gravy, and a salad.

Last edited by Speedwagon; 06-11-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Skipped breakfast this morning. Had way to many redbulls last night too.

Lunch was Salisbury steak, peas and carrots, and a salad.

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    Speedwagon,

That certainly sounds difficult to maintain a proper Primal lifestyle with only so many food options, but one thing I will advise my friend is drop the red bull. Forever. Don't even have one more can of that crap. I'm not saying this as an "anti-energy drink they cause liver failure" sort of guy, I'm saying this as the guy that drank over 3 cans of energy drinks every day more or less for 5 years. Within 3 weeks of not having a single one and drinking ONLY water, I had never felt better.

I was still eating crap at that time too! I just cut out those and cigarettes, and wow did it make a difference. I don't even remotely need an energy kickstart any time of day, and those things are toxic. I can't even stand the taste now to be honest. Remember, cutting out sugar is one of the biggest parts of being Primal. Grok didn't get any Red Bull .

Best of luck, and otherwise keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    - Jim
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast