Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Broodwich) page

Broodwich is offline Member

Primal Journal (Broodwich)

Shop Now
    Day 1:
    Well I didn't eat breakfast because I just wasn't hungry.

For lunch I had a BAS with a side of tuna salad. Completely out of habit I poured ranch dressing all over it, ughhh. However there is oil and vinegar so I will be using that from now on.

It's not dinner time yet but I am going to have london broil with either: scrambled eggs, goat cheese, and eggplant, or eggplant fried in olive oil and beaten eggs.

I'm having one after-work beer right now, I'm only going to have the one, and I honestly don't plan on giving up my beer.

My workout is going to consist of 20mins of various bodyweight exercise which I don't really feel like writing down right now hah.

Day 2:
    Breakfast - I did really well. Friday is french toast day at work and I didn't get any, not bread/no syrup, yeay for me!

I had eggs with butter, 3 slices of bacon, potatoes, and fruit. And coffee with whole milk to drink (no O.J., another win!). I figure since I'm going to start cutting out my morning energy drink it's ok to substitute with some natural energy boosters to help ween me off (i.e. fruit and potatoes).

I also noticed I felt legitimately hungry this morning; I wasn't just eating to eat, or because it's there.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck!

Tell us a little about yourself...
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Day 4:
    Friday night and Saturday were my 20% days so won't talk much about that But I'm back on track this Sunday morning, starting my day with some bulletproof coffee. I will probably do eggs and bacon for lunch and not sure what dinner will be yet. No rigorous exercise today, but I will probably hop on my bike and take a leisurely ride before lunch. And I'll be sipping on my Tangy Tangerine vitamin/mineral complex throughout the day as well.

I'm feeling a little sleepy/lazy, but I guess that's to be expected coming off of sugar and bad food. Think I'll head out into the yard and get some sun on my face

The weekend:
    I'm doing 80/20 so the weekend was my 20% time. I did very well considering I only had 1 "bad" meal and I have allowed myself 4. The "bad" was a puff pastry filled with spinach and something else on Saturday, and two small brandy drinks on Sunday; lucky me my friend eats fairly well and the other dishes were steak and raw veggies. While I was at home I still ate primally; 3 slices of bacon and a red pepper and goat cheese fritatta, and harissa stew.

I went for an hour long bicycle ride at a steady pace, it was good exercise but I could still move when I got home. I have a lovely paved trail right next to my house that has a nice little stream on one side, and woods on the other. Love to stop and watch the wildlife!

I was kinda worried if I'd go overboard on my 20% days but I did really well, I'm super proud of myself and I'm back on track with my 80% days this morning. Having a coffee now, I'm not feeling hungry so I will most likely skip breakfast. Off work today so I'll probably have breakfast for lunch
    Last edited by Broodwich; 06-09-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Monday:
    Skipped breakfast as I thought. Sat out on the porch in the shade for about an hour today and worked in the yard a bit, so got some of that feel good vitamin D. I didn't feel well earlier so I took a nap and missed lunch. Just had a big salad, a chicken drumstick, and green beans (fresh out of my garden) for dinner. I may snack on some raw broccoli, red pepper, and tomato if I get hungry again later. I'm still not feeling 100% so I will probably skip the workout today; I really just want to hang out on the couch.

Tuesday:
    I'm actually hungry at breakfast; I usually eat just to eat, so I guess that's a good sign. Having eggs(with butter), sausage, a very small serving of fruit, and a small serving of grits (i know i know, corn). Love this lifestyle, I don't have to feel bad because I wanted some grits; I know it's better than that energy drink I would have normally gotten, and I'll just have a BAS for lunch.

Lunch - BAS with cheese, raw red/green pepper, aritchoke hearts, and a few pieces of pastrami. Dressing was Blue Cheese. I got sick right after lunch (upset stomach) and had to come home and go to sleep. I just woke up, stomach is feeling better but now I'm super tired so I'm going to get up and do my workout routine riiight now to feel better. Probably a bike ride after. Might skip dinner for sake of the tummy. I'm going to look up the low-carb flu and see if this is maybe why I'm feeling tired and not so great the last 2 days.
    Last edited by Broodwich; 06-10-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Wed:
    Stomach feeling better this A.M. Eggs, bacon, and strawberries for breakfast. No dairy and small portions to take it easy on the tummy.

Lunch was a big ass salad, pulled pork with guacamole and pico de gallo on top. Stomach still acting crazy.

Dinner: I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!! I made 4 small sirloin tip steaks (so I dont have to cook next few days) on the stove top and used the drippings to make a reduction sauce. The sauce is delicious and I finally really enjoyed a primal meal I made. With it I just had raw broccoli and red bell pepper with a dipping sauce I made. My stomach is feeling ok too, a tad bit of grumbling but nothing like before! I felt so good about 1hr after dinner I did some body weight exercise for about 20mins. Not to mention the time I spent in the yard. A good day!

I don't know if it's mental, but I feel like the muffin top I'm so ashamed of is getting smaller. I'm headed in to take a before picture :P
    Last edited by Broodwich; 06-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.

I pretty much HATE to do this. But this is how I'm going to keep myself on track. This is the unattractive extra stomach fat that needs to go. I haven't had any issue yet, but if I find myself feeling unmotivated or having a hard time staying on track, I'm just going to look at this picture that I dislike very much.

Attachment 16956

Thurs:
    Skipped breakfast but ended up feeling kinda bloated so I'm not goin to skip as meany meals as I thought I would.

Lunch - They had kobe beef hamburgers today and I'm so proud of myself for not getting the bun!! I put a slice of cheese on it, and took some avocado slices and pico de gallo and mashed it all up and put it on top of the burger, and had salad on the side, it was deeeeelicious!

Dinner - Leftover sirloin steaks and some slightly steamed broccoli and red pepper with a goat cheese/buttermilk sauce I whipped up on top, and a few glasses of red wine. Also delicious, will probably have a peach for dessert!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast