Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats for breakfast?! page

tekshow is offline Junior Member

whats for breakfast?!

So I love eating primal... but my one area that's lacking is the wakeup. I don't take time to prepare as much as I do other meals, anyone have some early morning haven't had coffee yet suggestions?

I do make almond bars on occasion, rather the wife does...

And I feel okay about nitrate free bacon and farm eggs, but that's about all I start my day with at the moment. Smoothies are doable, but my blender is on the fritz....

Thanks!
    Living the dream - One life at a time!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I grind my own sausage meat and freeze it into patties. Of course, since we IF, it is only served on the weekends as brunch.

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    i boil eggs the night before and mash them with avocado

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    We grill a huge pile of meats of Sunday and they're in the fridge available to eat whenever we want. If I have breakfast and it's not a protein shake and bacon, it will be some meat from the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

TQD
    TQD is online now Member
    I like making little egg "muffins" (although I do mine in ramekins, not a muffin tin). You can throw anything in there with them (chopped mushrooms, spinach, smoked salmon, herbs, etc), and they make a great, quick grab and go breakfast or snack. I also often eat canned sardines or oysters packed in olive oil. Mash up the sardines with some of the oil and some dijon mustard and hot sauce or capers and onions, and eat with a fork, or slice some cucumbers and scoop away. Like edennperez1, I also often just grab some sort of meaty bit out of the fridge. I like most meats cold as well as hot, so I don't even bother warming them up.

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tekshow View Post
    I don't take time to prepare as much as I do other meals, anyone have some early morning haven't had coffee yet suggestions?
    Have coffee. That is all I have until noon. Might take a few days or weeks to adapt to going without breakfast, but when you do it you will have the freedom of one less meal to fret over.

steven1979 is offline Junior Member
    I've been having coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil blended in, another coffee because I like the taste, and a whey protein shake. That gets me until 11:00 or so, and then I have a snack of vegetables and/or yogurt.

meepster is offline Senior Member
    Hardboiled eggs, dried fruit or banana, half an avocado. Currently consuming it, sans avocado (we are out of avocados).

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

nevergetupss is offline Junior Member
    good, I like most meats cold as well as hot, so I don't even bother warming them up. thanks

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love liver for breakfast. Fried calf liver with onions and bacon... chicken liver with balsamic and onions... or if I want to be decadent, goose liver with bacon, onions and sweet balsamic vinegar... omnomnom!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast