Thread: Ladies: Cravings and exhaustion just before your time? page

meggo2002 is offline Senior Member

Ladies: Cravings and exhaustion just before your time?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey ladies,
    Anyone have some helpful tips for fighting those cravings? I am also just so tired today, I can't think of doing anything after work! Help! Inspiration. Tell me to suck it up. Something. Thanks.
    Meggo

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Yep, this happens to me too. Just realizing that this behavior is linked to my period has been helpful. It was like a lightbulb went off. If you can, take a nap. Then you'll have a clearer head to tackle the craving. Sometimes I go ahead and eat it (usually good quality ice cream) and sometimes I was actually just tired and it went away after I slept. Let yourself feel a little off one day out of the month and move on. It's not the end of the world. What are you craving?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

meggo2002 is offline Senior Member
    I wish my kids had nap time! (Kindergarten teacher). I had a long vacation weekend (very relaxing and I got plenty of sleep) and am feeling like I should go to the gym tonight, but my body says, "go home and take a nap!" In terms of cravings, I am not a huge sweets person, but right now I could go for some ice cream with caramel. Just wanted to see if anyone else had suggestions!
    Meggo

Jenster7 is offline Member
    Hot bath? Early night with a good book and a mug of hot choc? I try to go with how I feel and really pamper myself when I am like this to minimise cravings and overeating.

meepster is online now Senior Member
    I don't get food cravings, but I definitely get tired. I'm taking it easy with the exercise program this week for that reason, and sitting rather than standing at my desk. Sometimes one just needs to be a slug for a day or two.

busydog is offline Member
    I crave sugar. I found that baking up some plantain chips painted with coconut oil helps. I'll eat an entire plantain and that satisfies the craving. I figure it's better than an entire pack of oreos!

Napping is good too.