Thread: Nice article on barefoot running page

chipdogwa is offline Member

Nice article on barefoot running

Primal Fuel
    I saw this in the paper this week and thought all you barefoot runners might enjoy it.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...arefoot02.html

wildema1 is offline Member
    To protect against stepping on something, Five Fingers are AMAZING! As for the comment in the article about a barefoot runner 'pounding the pavement', if you run on the grass it greatly reduces the risk of joint and other injury. Thanks for the article!

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    If you're really running barefoot, you shouldn't be 'pounding'. Wearing my VFFs, even a slight job pushes me up on my toes...and I'm a heavy heal striker in sneakers.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

GaTo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherring View Post
    If you're really running barefoot, you shouldn't be 'pounding'. Wearing my VFFs, even a slight job pushes me up on my toes...and I'm a heavy heal striker in sneakers.
    I'm a barefoot runner (i love it!) it's so much more relaxing. It's true though you have the retrain yourself to run, striking with the fat pad and not the heels. Also if your like me and run in the mornings (with the morning dew) you might even notice that your feet get softer after a while (though thicker)

zorba is offline Member
    I noticed when I was a kid that I could absolutely FLY down the hallways (wearing only my socks) of the random hotels that we occasionally stayed in

I just got my VFF a few weeks back and have been wearing them to walk the dog and short jaunts around neighborhood. Today I sprinted about 50 yards in them with my pooch and it brought back the days of my youth. I am loving them!

It seems like the rest of the world gives them/me funny looks but z'all good