Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: But What You Gotta Watch Is... Cholesterol! page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Angry But What You Gotta Watch Is... Cholesterol!

Primal Fuel
    No matter what I say to people about paleo... they always come back to this.

It drives me nuts! What's worse is their normal responce is "well, i guess you can always take drugs for high cholesterol... pretty much every will have to anyways..."
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I've gotten that far too many times. Frustrating and infuriating, no?

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member
    Since I have started low carbing, started on Atkins and recently switching over slowly to Primal..........my cholesterol has went down, down, and down some more.

My Naturopath wanted me to keep my cholesterol around 200 and I am at 164 right now. Trying to find ways to raise it a few points.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Mock them for being stuck in the 1980s. You still won't change their minds, but it will make you feel better.

Let em go, man, because they are stuck. Don't let them drag you back down with them.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    Mock them for being stuck in the 1980s. You still won't change their minds, but it will make you feel better.

Let em go, man, because they are stuck. Don't let them drag you back down with them.
    LOL, not related, but most of my friends are 5-15yrs older than me
    When ever they reminisce I hit em with "tell me more about the 80's" *wide eyed in a childs tone*. Man, they hate that.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

+1

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member

+1 I have detached myself from the general public. the general public can eat themselves into a carb/lowfat coma for all i care. even my friends and acquaintances.....i just refuse to get into debates with them, its hell on my cortisol levels. I plan to live out my days in primal peace, keep to myself, and enjoy my long, healthy, life, and be grateful for the information i have found.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I made some pemmican a while back and it's spicy enough that almost no one, but my mother and I would be able to eat it without getting burned. She wanted to try it so, took a bar of it over the her place to share with her. She had a 24 carat flip out over the fat content and expected me to have a heart attack in her kitchen just from eating that one bar. (Pemmican is dried meat and tallow in a fifty fifty ratio) [int the voice of Will Smith of old] Parents just don't understand.

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I made some pemmican a while back and it's spicy enough that almost no one, but my mother and I would be able to eat it without getting burned. She wanted to try it so, took a bar of it over the her place to share with her. She had a 24 carat flip out over the fat content and expected me to have a heart attack in her kitchen just from eating that one bar. (Pemmican is dried meat and tallow in a fifty fifty ratio) [int the voice of Will Smith of old] Parents just don't understand.
    I frequently get the same response when i eat bacon, i get the evil eye and told i'm gonna fall over dead from a stroke or heart attack if eat that crap, i figured it out finally though other peoples aggression/frustration with PB it's not that they don't understand it's just bacon envy, even if your not eating bacon it's all just bacon envy. They long to eat like us but are too stubborn to give up their "staff of life" I think we might be hard wired on some level to want to eat fatty foods to survive and all these people are on low fat high carb and sugar diets longing to scarf down some bacon. I'm starting to get less and less frustrated with cw people and starting to feel sad for em. But fear not i will eat bacon relentlessly for all of them.
    Last edited by rabbidchicken69; 07-02-2010 at 10:13 AM.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It just goes to show the power of Big Pharma, having indoctrinated the medical profession, it also advertises and influences the thinking of the average American. Yes, we're all going to be immortal if we eat low fat:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast