Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least nutty nut milk? page

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Least nutty nut milk?

What is the least 'nutty' tasting nut milk to make for tea and coffee? I don't like coconut milk and dairy stalls my weight loss. I've tried almond milk but didn't think much of it. I've been thinking that macadamia nut milk might be the best. I have to admit that I've been having some soy milk in my tea twice a day. I know it's wrong, but I'm British and I can't live without tea. It just isn't the same taken black. Any thoughts?

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    *bump* I'm wondering about the same thing.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a big fan of hemp milk.
    As a vegetarian I drank all sorts of nut milks and one thing I noticed was that all brands are different. Some brands are watery, flavorless, others creamy and delicious.

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    I recently bought my daughter hazelnut milk and she took it without complaining. I tasted it and it wasn't bad, but I definitely prefer the taste of almond milk. Worth a try though. I think it would be good in coffee.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I think that almond milk has the most neutral taste.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    You can make your own! Cashew milk is nice.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Making your own is wonderful. You get it completely free of added carbs and such. You can use your choice of nuts or a mix. I like both almond and hazelnut. There is a purpose made nylon net bag I really like for making nut milk. If I find the brand I'll post a link.

Start with a pound of nuts. Soak the nuts in plain water for eight hours or overnight. Rinse. Blend with fresh water. Run blender 'til it's a nice frothy mix. Drain milk into a bowl or pitcher with strainer bag or equivalent. Put grounds back in blender. Add more fresh water to nut grounds and blend again. Strain again. Repeat once more. It gets too thin for my taste after the third extraction for my taste, but YMMV. Keeps, refrigerated for about one week.

I tried hemp milk, and found the taste awful. Tasted like rotten hay to me. The exception was one brand of sweetened chocolate flavored hemp milk, but that is out now that I am off sweetened anything.

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    Living Harvest Unsweetened Hemp Milk So creamy and yummy.

I have made my own almond milk, I want to find the least nutty tasting milk to make. Think I'm going to go with macadamia milk, will let you know how it turns out.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know soy milk is bad for is in that it isn't Primal and all that. But what about all the other claims about it, such as it mimicking oestrogen in the body.. are those true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast