Thread: A challenge and request for support/ideas page

invino77 is offline Senior Member

A challenge and request for support/ideas

Shop Now
    Hello,

So I have been bouncing around between primal +dairy + cheats + wine and beer...and i am getting nowhere. The cellulite on my belly and butt has got to GO! I have decided that I really need to make a commitment to at least 30 days without these things. It is going to be really hard for me, especially because wine is a part of my life - my husband is a winemaker! But, I cannot seem to have one glass and stop there. We always finish the bottle. That leads to foggy thinking, foggy action, bad decisions about food ( easier to justify dessert after a bottle of wine) etc....then the dairy - I really want to see if removing dairy will reduce the bloating I am experiencing.

So my call for help or ideas is really to help me arm myself with good plans of attack for this.

As for the dairy - i am going to miss yogurt and cheese. Will it really help with weight loss?

Open to all suggestions! What are good alternatives to dairy?

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I don't know about "alternatives" to dairy because I gave up all dairy about 8 months ago and never felt the need for any 'alternatives.' I do fine with mainly fish, meat, eggs, and veggies.

I am a cheese lover, but I must admit that I don't miss it at all.

Pinkskyy is offline Junior Member
    Giving up cheese is really hard (im still not there yet!) but giving yp milk and cream was much easier--I use almond milk in my coffee and tea and it tastes the same. I could use soy as well, but I prefer the almond. I found that using things with tons of flavor helps replace the cheese (garlic aioli, etc.)

Good luck!

I think the wine is going ot be the hardest. three's already a chance I;ll fall off the wagon tonight.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    If you say there is a chance, then there is. If you really want to do this, then decide now and stick to it! I started my own 30-day challenge yesterday, and last night had dinner at an Italian restaurant with coworkers. I decided ahead of time to stay away from alcohol, grains and dessert. I did it, and no one blinked an eye at me. 100% primal meal and this morning I don't have to be bummed about not keeping my promise to myself.

Thank you. You are right, I need to make a decision and stick to it. I am going to my husband's vineyard tonight for a wine tasting and dinner with clients. I already know what his wine tastes like, so I could just abstain. I'll be the DD....it is hard though, I've got wine everywhere I turn. I really, truly want to do this...but honestly, I am scared.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    I should have said that I know how difficult it can be. I've had too many of my own slips lately, which is why I'm doing my 30-day challenge. I need to remind myself how wonderful primal food is and how great it makes me feel. So, no judgment here. Just decide what you want and what is most important to you, then stick to your guns.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    If you want to make this lifestyle work for you then YOU need to make that committment. This is a very easy lifestyle to live if you take ownership and control of your diet. Drinking wine is fine if you do it in moderation but if you finish an entire bottle with your husband then how committed are you really? It may sound a little harsh but the truth always is. I'm an Army guy so my line of thinking is pretty straight forward on subjects like this. People, as I used to do, make excuses far too easily and never take ownership. I tell my clients the very same thing I am about to tell you. There are only a few things in life we can control so when you have something than take it by the reins and give it everything you have. Food is the biggest and most important thing outside water that we can control and this is exactly what this lifestyle offers, a way to control. You can still cheat but when you do enjoy it. Savor the taste. It makes those cheat days so much better.

I know its hard to just drop certain things we've grown accustomed to but if you give it just 2-3 weeks of commitment you will feel years younger, look better and have a more positive outlook (weird but true). I weigh now what I weighed in High School 15 yrs ago b/c I took ownership. Now I'll be the first to admit I'm not real sympathetic to most people as my view of the world is a little different but honesty is something regardless of how harsh it may seem will always win out over coddling in my eyes. Again my opinion but this is something I feel very strongly about.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Get your husband on your side. When you say "We" always finish the bottle of wine... you are not doing this alone.

fragileknees is offline Member
    I am going to start a 30 day dairy alcohol free challenge on monday if you need support!!!