Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the look of your pantry.... page

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member

Smile the look of your pantry....

Primal Fuel
    or cupboard.....

Does anyone else enjoy gazing at their fridge full of food or well-stocked pantry? I find the more progress I make (and with eaiting primally its allways going to be progress), the more I start to really love my food. I appreciate it for all it does for me, for building muscle, nourishing me. The primal pantry may be a bit boring......color-wise...missing are the bright neons and loud slogans on boxes of food products, instead there are bottles of coconut oil, a few dirt-smudged yams and sweet potatoes, a container of nuts, the ubiquitous dark slab of chocolate.....the brightest things we see are the brilliant greens and reds of veg and the various rainbows of supplements.

and, always, the freezer...........you're running your own personal little butcher shop now ..........everything sits peacefully, perfectly. I love walking into my kitchen and looking at all of it. I love real food!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Haha yes I was just at the kitchen organizing my pantry. I have tons of coconut oil cans, some salmon/tuna/sardines, spices, coconut flour and coconut powder.

Same for the fridge. Everything's gotta be organized and all my ground beef is separated into .5 lb in ziploc bags.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I don't keep much in my fridge or pantry- I usually buy things as I need it.

The pantry is full of things like fermenting kombucha, bottles of home-brewed wine, and my mealworm farm. If any random stranger were to look in there, I can just imagine what they'd think. There's a tea/coffee cupboard too that also contains coconut flour, arrowroot, spices, etc. And a bar of quality chocolate.

The fridge is just as basic. Lots of bottled kombucha, several dozen eggs, lots of jars of pickled eggs, pickled watermelon rind, jars of tallow and lard, and random condiments. A few veggies in the crisper as I need them.

The freezer, however, is my pride n joy. Both the upright and the chest freezer are stocked to the brim with loads of meaty goodness.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes when I am bored at home I like to organize the family pantry, which means that I try to find any excuse to toss some of the non-primal foods that some other members of my family eat (HFCS sauces, etc). I have a little corner which I like to periodically open and examine. Salmon, tuna, coconut oil, olive oil, roasted red peppers, and other fun little goodies. It makes me feel good to be alive!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    My pantry is rarely opened. The winter I frequent it more, like for canned goods for soups, but sheesh, outside of storing some nuts and a few cans of fish, I never open the thing anymore!

My fridge almost seems magical anymore. One day I will stuff it full, filling all the drawers with greens, shuffling shelfs around so I can fit some marinating meat, dozens of eggs, and the cat food (raw meat).......then it only seems like a couple days later and it is empty again!

ahhh the spices........I had a spice drawer....it got full so i had to mount a rack on the wall with an opening door. all the bottles are glass with a few small baggies lounging around. i love the smell.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I don't ever go in the pantry anymore haha. The only seasoning I use is my steak stuff, which I keep on the counter with my coconut oil. Anything I eat is from the fridge.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    My pantry is so barren... I have nothing but salt, mustard, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coffee, tea, spices.

My fridge looks like a horror movie
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Quote Originally Posted by SerialSinner View Post
    My pantry is so barren... I have nothing but salt, mustard, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coffee, tea, spices.

My fridge looks like a horror movie
    oh well we all know the excitement is really in the fridge. meats! butter! cheeses oops CREAM! (dairy fiend) And, I mean, anywhere the beef is, thats the important place!!!!

the primal pantry is appealing though because its more a thing of discipine than flare....its where the absence of grain is most apparant. My pantry is rugged, full of quiet stocism. the pantry is usually where all the SADding happens in SAD. (snackwells, chips, cookies, etc) so i think a barren pantry is a beautiful thing. I love the sparseness of it.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I'd advise putting the nuts in the freezer (they keep longer) and the chocolate in the fridge. But otherwise, yeah.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast