Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Has The Primal Blueprint Changed Your Awareness Regarding Nutrition? page

Gregory Grok is offline Member

Talking How Has The Primal Blueprint Changed Your Awareness Regarding Nutrition?

Primal Fuel
    I would like to know how other PB's feel about this because of an experience I had today.

I was in the library with a friend and I decided to check out the current issue of Men's Health magazine. I used to be an avid reader/subscriber of the magazine and adopted a lot of it's recommendations; needless to say, it didn't work out.

I did find it interesting that MH tends to promote foods that are in no way good for us (ice cream, breads, etc. but when certain foods and products are promoted and the only nutritional facts that men's health tends to promote are the calories and the "fat content."

Upon reading this I realized how far I had come. I now know that the "Calories In/Calories Out" approach isn't the best way to track weight loss and overall health. It's sad that some still feel this is the way. Also, I'm so happy that I don't run away from fats anymore. They are filling and nutritious if chosen properly through select foods.

How have you become more aware after adopting the Primal Blueprint?

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    I feel like an outcast, in a way, knowing what I know now. Most people think I'm crazy for eating stuff full of saturated fat, and for not counting calories. It's funny how people think I'll wind up with clogged arteries by eating bacon. My grandparents' generation cooked in lard and ate bacon and all that good stuff, before the whole "low fat" and chemically-processed movements began, and they lived long, healthy lives, well into their late 80s. People seem to forget about anecdotal evidence in favor of what the "experts" tell us.

I predict it will take a good ten years before people in the mainstream are clued in about how to eat properly.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    It's changed my awareness completely. And I couldn't be happier about it.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSaltyJack View Post
    My grandparents' generation cooked in lard and ate bacon and all that good stuff, before the whole "low fat" and chemically-processed movements began, and they lived long, healthy lives, well into their late 80s.
    I remember when I let CW wreck my perception for a while and I heard my grandmother say "I cook my food in bacon grease" and I cringed...Now I realize - my grandmother is in her 90s and will probably outlive most of my family (actually she has already outlived most of her children sadly)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

esloser is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    I remember when I let CW wreck my perception for a while and I heard my grandmother say "I cook my food in bacon grease" and I cringed...Now I realize - my grandmother is in her 90s and will probably outlive most of my family (actually she has already outlived most of her children sadly)
    Love cooking in bacon grease - save it every time I cook bacon.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Kind of like once you buy a car, you start to see them all over- I never realized how often people use the words "bacon" and "heart attack" in the same sentence until now.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've become more aware in that everything I see in the media about nutrition really annoys me. I've been aware of the low fat lie for years now after reading Dr Atkin's book and then doing my own research. It literally makes me boil with rage when I see Kelloggs marketing children's cereals as healthy. And don't even get me started on Diabetes UK>

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I noticed the change and I like it. I read labels constantly & can't believe all the trash that's in many products. I also never used to think about what went into personal grooming products, and now I'm mindful about that as well.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Grok View Post
    I did find it interesting that MH tends to promote foods that are in no way good for us
    I still love Men's Health though. Even if the nutritional information isn't great in general, there are always other excellent articles and interesting nutritional tidbits that are often spot-on. And I love the style in which it's written.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    let's see...

grocery shopping takes almost no time. Produce section, dart down an aisle for spices/oils, meat counter. That's pretty much it. Maybe get an item or two from the dairy area.

My bathroom is almost empty. The sea of lotions, soaps and various other health and beauty items are all gone.

I have more space on my pantry shelves. No more boxes of ready-made food stuffs. No more loaves of bread. In fact, I have back all that time I used to spend reading and comparing labels...there really aren't any labels on whole foods! LOL

MUCH LESS STRESS! Food is so easy. Meat and vegetables cooked up in some good fats. How much easier can you get?? I don't have to count calories eaten or freak out that I forgot to turn on my heart rate monitor at the beginning of my workout. I don't weigh and measure all my food and worry over whether DH used a tbsp or tbsp and a half of butter in a dish. Heck, my HRM has been collecting dust...as has my scale. Yet, my clothes keep getting bigger on me.

I could really go on and on...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast