Thread: Protein Intake? page

valentmark22 is offline Junior Member

Protein Intake?

Primal Fuel
    Protein is necessary for maintaining muscle mass not just building. 50%+ of your protein should come from normal diet. Most supplements provide guidelines on the packaging.

I'm not a bodybuilder but im starting lifting for strength, I take a protein supplement that mixes with fluid. I know protein helps muscle growth for bodybuilders, will it still help me if im not doing a muscle mass workout? If yes then how many g. should I take daily?

Thanks

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Eat meat and fish for protein.

gdot is online now Senior Member
    If you are lifting you should get around 1gram of protein per every kg of lean mass.

Learn how to get it from real whole food sources.

Protein powders are okish - but really are not a food. Don't rely on them for your daily needs.
    Last edited by gdot; 05-24-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't suggest supplementing with protein (i.e. shakes) if you're not also doing some resistance training. If you're not lifting weights, you should be able to stick to whole foods and have adequate nutrient intake.
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee