Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuttlebug's journal page

shuttlebug is online now Junior Member

Shuttlebug's journal

Primal Fuel
    I started a LFHC diet about a week ago, and have lost 3 lbs so far. I would like to lose 15-20 more. I'd been doing the standard low fat, high carb thing for a couple of years to no avail, even though I generally ate only 1200 net calories and was hungry most of the time. I'm not as hungry now, which is a plus. But I feel weird, tired and weak, which I think (and hope) is just keto flu.
    I've been eating eggs, cheese, meat, green vegetables, a few nuts, coffee with heavy cream, and chicken broth for the most part. I'll add fruit gradually as I approach my goal weight. Right now I'm trying to stay under 50g carbs including fiber, though I sacrificed myself tonight and ate a small bowl of ice cream to keep my husband from overdoing it (He is addicted to carbs, especially bread, and is always trying to encourage me to have some with him).

Today I ate:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Peanut butter with flaxseed and psyllium

Lunch:
    3 hotdogs with mustard
    10 olives
    Cup of chicken broth
    Roasted seaweed snack

Dinner:
    Ham and cheese omelet
    Spinach sautéed in butter
    3/4 cup ice cream

I usually have eggs for breakfast and a salad with meat for lunch, then fix a normal dinner and not eat the carbs, but I was planning on the omelets for dinner and didn't want eggs twice in one day.

Age 52, 5'5"
    149/146/125

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Beth249 is offline Member
    Welcome.ll I'm new here too. Been sliding around no carb for a bit but need to get serious. It's oh so hard to do when my husband is Mr I'll eat Carbs 'round the clock.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Thanks for the welcome, Beth! I know what you mean by Mr. Carbs around the clock. And I think my husband would benefit greatly from a low carb diet, if not strictly primal/paleo. He's got reflux, a stubborn foot fungus, and about 40 lbs around his midsection that needs to go. But he says he'd rather take Prilosec forever than give up his precious bread. At least he prefers the whole wheat bread I make from scratch.
    I splurged today and went to an all-you-can-eat buffet for dinner. I behaved myself pretty well, stuffing myself on meat and veggies so I wouldn't be so tempted by the desserts. I only had a tiny bit of cake with real whipped cream topping for dessert.

Today I ate:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Fried eggs with Parmesan cheese

Lunch:
    Salad with romaine, spinach, Havarti, ham, olives, and olive oil vinaigrette
    Coconut peanut butter cup (only contains coconut and peanuts, ground together)

Dinner:
    All-you-can-eat buffet -
    Big plate of veggies with butter
    Chicken thigh, meatloaf, and sausage
    Tiny piece of cake
    Small amount of watermelon

A little bit heavy on the carbs, but only about 20 grams over my preferred max.

I didn't eat enough of anything today - too busy! I volunteered at the county fair and didn't get home until after 2, so I had a late lunch. Then dinner was early because we had to leave at 6 for my husband's band concert (which was awesome, by the way). We didn't get home from that until almost 11. I need to come up with something portable that's appropriate to eat.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Handful of macadamia nuts

Lunch:
    Salad with romaine, spinach, salami, olive oil, and olives

Dinner:
    Progresso chicken barley soup with extra chicken and green beans added
    Coconut peanut butter cup

I'm a little hungry, but it's after 11 and I'm tired. Besides, I ate a bit extra yesterday.

Another day of volunteer work today, but at least I was able to eat a normal breakfast and lunch at home. Dinner was not so great, though. And I ate way too much bologna... Lol. But my macros were okay, surprisingly enough.
    Tomorrow afternoon and evening I will be working at the fair again. I'm going to stop by the store and pick up something healthy for dinner, since I'll be there until 10 pm. Something that's not bologna or sausage...

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Fried eggs and sautéed spinach

Lunch:
    Bologna between two slices of Havarti cheese
    1/2 oz raw cashews

Dinner:
    More bologna
    Turkey and beef sausage bites

Snack:
    Belvita biscuits and 1/2 cup of milk

Too busy to post yesterday. Suffice it to say it was similar to Saturday.
    Today was another busy day, but at least I was home for dinner. I spent the day at a homeschooling fair at a school about an hour from home, dressed in my Renaissance Faire costume and demonstrating how to spin wool. I'm glad I packed my own food and didn't bring any cash, because there were lots of temptations available, including Girl Scout cookies and grapes.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Kind bar - low sugar nuts and dark chocolate

Lunch:
    Salami, cheese, and celery, and 4 cherries
    Another cup of coffee with cream

Dinner:
    Ham and cheese omelet with sautéed spinach

Dessert:
    The most awesome fat bomb -
    A half tablespoon each of coconut butter and natural peanut butter, and a square of 85% dark chocolate all melted together, and a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream stirred in. I ate it with a spoon, taking tiny bites and savoring it. 200 calories and worth it!

Finally, got to stay home most of the day! Only had choir practice in the evening. I slept in until 9 - must have needed it. I didn't do a whole lot today, and most of what I did was in the kitchen. I found a recipe for flaxseed muffins and made a batch. They were a little too salty, and I used canola oil. Next time I'll leave out the salt and use salted butter.
    I tried some of the dark chocolate in my coffee. It was basically a waste of chocolate, as it didn't add much flavor and most of it just laid on the bottom of the cup. I did discover that cinnamon and hwc are awesome in coffee, though.
    I also treated myself to a cup of tea with milk and sugar, which used to be one of my favorite drinks. It's been two weeks since I had it, and it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Certainly not worth 15g of carbs.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream and a square of melted dark chocolate
    Fried eggs with spinach

Lunch:
    Salad with romaine, ham, parmesan cheese, and olive oil vinaigrette
    Flaxseed muffin
    Tea with milk and sugar

Dinner:
    Salmon and broccoli
    Coconut peanut butter chocolate fat bomb (same as yesterday)

Another busy day today. My daughter Rachel brought the grandsons over in the morning, which always results in the kind of chaos only toddlers can provide. They're sweet little kids, but so full of energy! They stayed for lunch, then we waited for the solar panel rep to show up. He was an hour late, which was a pain because I needed to leave before 3. I wanted to have time to check out the health food store for primal snacks. Turns out they didn't have much, after all. Their big thing is gluten free, it seems. Anyway, I got to the fairgrounds a few minutes late, and volunteered there for about 5 hours. I'll be doing the same tomorrow and Friday, and Sunday, too.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream
    Scrambled eggs and sautéed spinach

Lunch:
    Turkey hot dogs with mustard
    Roasted seaweed snacks

Dinner:
    Coffee with cream
    Leftover salmon
    Flax muffin
    Cashews

Another day at the fair... I do enjoy working there, but it's hard to eat properly.
    Last night I was awakened by a cramp in my left calf muscle. I've been keeping my carbs pretty low, so this morning I decided to eat cookies for breakfast, so to speak. I put sugar in my coffee, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Then Brian and I went into town to pick up car parts and go out to lunch. He wanted to go to his favorite sandwich shop, so I ordered my usual ham and cheese and gave him the bread. I did splurge and had a chai latte at Starbucks. Even so, my carbs stayed under 90g.
    The fair was pretty quiet. We actually had time to talk with several people who are interested in learning about spinning yarn and weaving (that's what I've been doing there). There's one boy, about 12 years old, who's raising a 4-H sheep that happens to have decent wool. He's been visiting our booth nearly every day, and wants to learn how to spin his sheep's wool. It's so cool to see the kids get excited about the old ways of doing things.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with cream and *gasp* sugar
    Belvita breakfast biscuits

Lunch:
    Ham and cheese sandwich with alfalfa sprouts and mayo, without the bread
    Chai latte

Dinner:
    Salami, cheese, and celery
    Half of a Kind bar

I forgot to write here yesterday. It just got really late and I wanted to go to bed. I went grocery shopping in the morning after sitting in Panera, drinking coffee with half-and-half and watching my husband eat a cinnamon roll. I suppose I could have had a salad, but I just didn't want to spend the $8. Fortunately, I had made a list and stuck to it pretty well. I was looking for foods to take on our upcoming vacation - stuff that requires no cooking or refrigeration. That pretty much limited me to pepperoni sticks, shelf-stable cheese, nuts, canned vegetables (I only bought olives) and dried fruit (I got blueberries). I'm trying to avoid eating out more than once a day, but we'll probably end up buying fresh food at grocery stores along the way. We're riding a motorcycle and towing a tiny teardrop trailer behind it, so we have serious space and weight restrictions. Fortunately, I don't mind eating the same stuff over and over.
    I spent the afternoon and evening at the fair again yesterday, but took today off as Brian and I had a choir concert in the evening (and rehearsal in the morning). The concert went well. We sang two pieces by Dvorak - the Songs of Nature and the Te Deum. I really enjoyed those pieces, and I'm kinda sorry it's over, though I'm looking forward to having my evenings free for the summer.

What I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with half-and-half

Lunch:
    Chicken thigh
    Blueberries

Dinner:
    Big Italian salad with salami, pepperoni, pepper jack cheese, olives, lettuce, cabbage, and carrots
    Kind bar
    More blueberries

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Fried eggs with spinach
    Coffee with cream

Lunch:
    Costco polish dog without the bun
    A few free samples at Costco

Dinner:
    Salad with romaine, spinach, and a big chunk of smoked salmon
    Blueberries