Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The W a r r i o r Diet - Thoughts? page

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member

The W a r r i o r Diet - Thoughts?

Shop Now
    Anyone tried this? Seems to be a seemingly good idea from an evolutionary standpoint. Kinda like intermittent fasting minus the 9-10 hour feeding window? Good for fat loss? Just looking for more info

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    There is a whole diet plan behind the warrior that I don't subscribe too, but on some days I only eat once (the warrior) and on others I eat twice. It's hard to get enough protein though in one sitting so I eat twice in the evening more of the time. The fast five eating plan an IF plan with a smaller window of course. You can find that at fastfive.org. Martin Berkan leangains is also someone that knows his stuff about IFing.
    Regardless of the eating window size, I think that any IF plan that you can stick to will make fat loss easier.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I simply can't eat that much food at once! Maybe if I kept it to beef, added fat and vegetables I could do it but then again I like more variety so my personal favorite is 2 meals within 5 or 6 hours of each other.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    I too have a hard time getting enough protein in a whole day, let alone one meal.

Perhaps I need to break down and drop the 'whole foods' goal and just get a protein shake, eh?
    Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I'm conditioned to a daily 20 hour fast with a 4 hour window for one big meal and a little something else if needed. Unlike Stabby, I have well developed portion control issues with little difficulty eating enough in one sitting. I shudder to think of eating 3 squares again. I would balloon.

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    lol Grol, this is how I feel! If I try to fit in 3 square meals, i get so bloated and gross! same if i try to fit a couple meals within a 4-5 hour window. eating once like the warrior diet seems to be the way for me i guess!

primalbulker is offline Junior Member
    how do you eat 2500 calories in one meal

off course im trying to bulk not lose fat so maybe diet is not ideal for that?

strom is offline Senior Member
    You could eat 2500 calories if you did several hours of martial arts and some gym work outs. It works up an appetite. I have this book on loan from the library, however I want to finish The Great Cholestrol Con first, before I start reading it.

primalbulker is offline Junior Member
    yes I get hungry after a heavy gym workout but on non-workout days I dont really get that hungry

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Oh I can EASILY eat my 1500+ calories in a single meal!

Lately I've been eating just one meal a day. With the summer heat and the lack of time, it's just easier to just eat dinner. Last couple days I did eggs for breakfast because I had time. Weekends are where I go wonky and graze all day, then feel like crap. I kinda like the one-big-meal thing. Less kitchen cleaning too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast