Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuna page

smerchant@plusd.org is offline Senior Member

Tuna

Primal Fuel
    Looking for ideas on how to prepare tuna out of a can

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Add hot sauce. Garnish with a hunk of cheddar cheese or some soft-boiled eggs.
    The Champagne of Beards

ekba09 is offline Member
    Yes - hot sauce and eggs with tuna (I do poached). I also add Old Bay seasoning.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Mix with some Greek yogurt and sriracha. Add green onion if you want it.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Mix Tuna with grated cheese, grated carrot and some mayo. Makes a pretty good meal to eat with vegetables/starches.

or, Add it to a salad.

or, use it in sushi.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    THIS TUNA IS THE BEST THING EVER and you don't have to do ANYTHING to it, it's so good by itself: Pin by GiGi Eats Celebrities on My Food Besties! | Pinterest

That being said, I actually sautee it with some squid and mussels - OOOOO YES!

Being new to Primal I just want to make sure... Tuna packed with soy is OK, right? I quit buying it b/c I had heard others saying we shouldn't eat it b/c of the soy. I love tuna, especially convenient packed tuna while backpacking. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandSeeker View Post
    Being new to Primal I just want to make sure... Tuna packed with soy is OK, right? I quit buying it b/c I had heard others saying we shouldn't eat it b/c of the soy. I love tuna, especially convenient packed tuna while backpacking. Thoughts?

Well, soy is technically not Primal. Especially soybean oil. For me, industrial seed oils are on the "avoid if at all possible" list. If I'm going out to eat, I know I'll very likely get some exposure, but I try to never buy anything with them as an ingredient, especially if it's packed in the oil, like fish.

Sister7 is offline Junior Member
    My fav is to make tuna salad with avocado, onions, red pepper, diced apple, walnuts, lemon juice, garlic, parsley s&p. Really good in butter lettuce or as a dip with veggie slices. For a quick meal, I will mix a can of tuna with whatever dressing I have leftover in the fridge. Aioli, lemon herb vinaigrette, and chipotle mayo are all good calls. Tuna nicoise salad is also delicious and easy. I'm going to have to try the one with siracha...

I also avoid tuna with soy ingredients. I have to buy my tuna from amazon because all of my local stores only carry the stuff with soy in it.

Thanks for the input (both of you)! I will have to check out Amazon or the local health food stores. Perhaps they will carry an affordable, healthy version. Disappointing, as I don't even see the reason to put soy into a canned product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast