Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to lose 100 pounds page

ruby is offline Senior Member

I'm going to lose 100 pounds

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm a 37yo mother of two, and I am going to lose 100 pounds. I started living primal in a sort of half-assed way in February and I probably lost a few pounds, but I really buckled down on May 16 (the day after my daughter's birthday party in which I loaded up on pizza and cake!) and since then I have lost almost 20 pounds. I started at about 230 and I want to get to 130, I am 5'3". I am very, very strict! I don't do 80/20 I do 100/0, at my size and my level of resitance I really can't afford any cheats and to be honest, I dont crave anything! Except macademia nuts but in the past those have stalled me so I eat very few. I eat no legumes, no grains of any kind, very little dairy (just a dash of grated cheese on my salad) and no nightshades (allergic). In the past I have lost weight on Atkins but the last time I did I stalled out completely at 199 but now I think I know why. On Atkins I ate TONS of franken foods and fake sweets - atkins bars, fake chocolates and splenda sodas. No wonder!

I wear a very accurate pedometer (from Brookstone) every day and I get about 10k steps a day, some days more. After dinner I walk around a local outdoor shopping plaza for about 3 miles. Days when it is too hot or rainy to walk outside I go to an all night Walmart and walk until I hit 10k steps. Last week I joined a gym and I'm doing one cardio day a week, and 2 weight lifting days a week. I may add more, the gym is also good as an alternative to walking. Oh, I am an avid yoga practitioner too! Recently I've discovered I can hug my knees to my chest, and cross my legs; I wasn't able to do that a month ago

My goals:

lose 80 more pounds
    get a teaching certificate for yoga
    alleviate my autoimmune problems (vitiligo, hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, sun allergy)
    regain my core strength (I had two c-sections)
    utilize Rolfing to help my posture and mobility

I can't wait to post my before and afters in the success story section in 2011

p.s. I'm open to suggestions, am I doing enough cardio? Enough weight training?

P.p.s. just wanted to add that by late October 2011 I lost 100
    Last edited by ruby; 11-01-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added p.s.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and best of luck! I just kicked off a July Challenge myself. Aiming for 100% as well!

Yah!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I like your attitude Ruby! I needed to lose 170 when I started and it's coming off fast. I had a grass fed bone in New York with grilled onions, parm crusted zucchini for breakfast today. Yeah, this is rough.

With your matter of fact approach, I know you will get this done.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    You'll get there no doubt. I have nothing to critique about your fitness approach, it might just intensify 30lbs from now but that's all good! best of luck for sure!

blizzy is offline Junior Member
    Very motivating! I don't even know you, but I get a strong feeling you can do it! I also switched from Atkins to PB, and I love it.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Ruby, you're awesome! I'm totally inspired by you and I'm looking forward to reading about your success! Woohoo, where are my pom poms? Oh, that's right - I don't have any. I never was the cheerleader type - and least not the uniform wearing kind!!

Go Ruby!!

Dollface is offline Member
    Ruby, you sound like your switched on and will definately succeed with that awesome attitude. I have lost 90lbs down from 235lbs, it took me a year and I too was 100%, you can do it!!!

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ruby..good luck!! You sound like you are really serious and on the right track! And congrats on your first 20lbs! (btw - speaking as a former fat girl - isn't it amazing when you can really cross your legs again? such strange simple things that no one that has never been fat before take for granted make a world of difference.lol)
    Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 07-03-2010 at 04:46 AM.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    How's it going, Ruby? Just wondering how you're doin!

MattyD is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you thought about incorporating some IF and doing some intervals in your cardio?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast