Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnesium page 4

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    magnesium oxide is the poorest form available.

citrate, if you can tolerate it, is wonderful.

I can't tolerate even minute amounts though

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Here in the UK it seems harder to find magnesium oxide at a reasonable price. However - I've found a site selling "Magnesium Oxide Horse Mineral Supplement" which claims to be a 100% pure substance designed for horses - which improves insulin resistance, apart from other things! Do you think this would be OK to use as magnesium oil????!! I don't know why, I just feel slightly dubious about using horse supplements - silly, really!
    Mag oil is made w/ magnesium chloride. It is soooooo cheap and easy to make (see my earlier post w/ links) I would just do that personally if I wanted to use mag oil.

More on magnesium chloride oil, b/c it's my latest obsession!

http://www.silvermedicine.org/magnesium-chloride.html
    When faced with the possibility of a magnesium deficiency, most people would simply seek a prescription from a medical doctor, or perhaps simply go to the local vitamin and supplement store to get an internal magnesium supplement, maybe in the form of capsules, tablets, or perhaps even a powder. While supplementing with magnesium citrate may be an option, there are several points that need to be carefully considered.

Magnesium is very poorly adsorbed through the digestive tract
    Some extreme cases of magnesium deficiency completely resist oral supplementation
    Even when serum levels may show normal levels of mangesium, this is not a guarantee that magnesium is actually available at a cellular level, where it is needed the most
    Even when successful, oral supplementation can take up to six months to correct the imbalance, and even then, there is no guarantee that the magnesium is availble where it is needed most (due to severe body disfunction caused by the deficiency)
    Luckily, there is a safe, effective, and affordable way to deliver magnesium into the body... One is which as natural and has been used by humankind since before recorded history: Magnesmium chloride.

Using magnesium chloride transdermally results in the rapid cellular-uptake of magnesium through the skin. By bypassing the digestive system all together, one does not need to focus on the many digestive problems that may hinder the biovailability of magnesium.
    Magnesium oil is made by rehydrating magnesium chloride crystals; just enough water is added to create a very light oil-like substance. In actually, there are no oils present in magnesium chloride oil.

A small amount of magnesium chloride may then be massaged or rubbed into any area an individual feels needs treatment.
    The most affordable way to acquire transdermal magnesium chloride is to purchase food grade Nigari flakes. Simply fill a plastic "drip" bottle with magnesium flakes, and hydrate with high quality water (or colloidal silver). Keep the bottle filled with magnesium flakes, and refill the water inbetween uses. There is no need to actually work the flakes into a pure oil unless planning to resell... Maximum saturation will eventually be achieved, although it may take a few weeks for complete saturation.

Individuals can elect to buy "Magnesium Oil" or "Transdermal Magnesium Oil" from retailers. However, there are definately quality concerns and there is a great deal of unsubstantiated hype associated with different brands.
    http://magnesiumforlife.com/transder...h-transdermal/

http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/articles-358.html

According to Daniel Reid the Epsom salts some people take as a magnesium supplement contains magnesium sulfate, which is rapidly excreted through the kidneys and therefore difficult to assimilate. This would explain in part why the effects from Epsom salt baths do not last. Whole sea salt contains magnesium chloride and magnesium bromide, which are easily assimilated and metabolized in the human body.
    (Epsom salts/mag sulfate is still very beneficial, esp for the sulfation, but I found the differences interesting.)

The bottom line is that transdermal magnesium therapy speeds up the process of nutrient repletion in much the same was as intravenous methods. Like intravenous, transdermal application of magnesium can deliver higher doses of this key mineral to the cells. Bypassing digestion allowing for deeper tissue saturation.
    http://magnesiumforlife.com/transder...magnesium-oil/

Daniel Reid, author of Tao of Detox says, “Using magnesium oil is the quickest and most convenient way to transmit magnesium chloride into the cells and tissues through the skin. 2-3 sprays under each armpit function as a highly effective deodorant, while at the same time transporting magnesium swiftly through the thin skin into the glands, lymph channels, and bloodstream, for distribution throughout the body. Spray it onto the back of the hand or the top of the feet any time of day or night for continuous magnesium absorption. Regardless of where you apply the spray on the body, once it penetrates the surface of the skin, the body transports it to whichever tissues need magnesium most.”

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    OK, got some magnesium chloride ordered from eBAy UK which I shall try to turn into magnesium oil and apply. I've stopped the supplements orally and feel much better - I'd had no idea what a laxative effect they'd been having!

I also found some magnesium chloride much cheaper for aquarium use but decided not to order that in case it was fish grade not people grade!!

It has arrived - I shall now try to make some magnesium oil! I like the idea of making it in a spray bottle - quite versatile and easy to apply!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i take mag citrate 300 mg. with egg shells made into cal. citrate 300 mg. daily
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

RIGHT, I've now got my "magnesium oil". I rubbed some on my arms - inside forearm, where the skin is thin. How do I know if I am rubbing on enough? How do I know if I am overdosing?!

It was super easy to make and does have a curiously oily feel. Seems a great answer to getting enough mag but for the questions above!

soror is offline Senior Member
    I made some mag oil as well from the info from FR on another forum. I just have trying to rub it around on most parts of my body once a day or so.

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    I am going to order some as soon as i have cash to play with, but with calcium, my doctor said i produce too much as it is, so i don't supplement it at all. every time i get test i am always above normal. pretty weird :S

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthash View Post
    I am going to order some as soon as i have cash to play with, but with calcium, my doctor said i produce too much as it is, so i don't supplement it at all. every time i get test i am always above normal. pretty weird :S
    You don't produce too much but for some reason your body is keeping to much in your blood.....kidney issues, PTH issues. It's signficant and worth investigating.

How much D are you getting and taking? How much dairy do you eat?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    RIGHT, I've now got my "magnesium oil". I rubbed some on my arms - inside forearm, where the skin is thin. How do I know if I am rubbing on enough? How do I know if I am overdosing?!
    I have no idea. I just put a bunch on 1-2x a day, and let it soak in. It gives me a calming sensation when I use it, so I feel its doing something. But I seriously don't know how much is *too* much or too little. I would google more about it, maybe something like 'magnesium oil dosing'. You could also write to a company that sells it like Ancient Minerals (I think that's the name of one of them?) and ask about dosing?

Please share what you find if you figure anything out! Sorry I don't have more info! (I think I'm dealing w/ mag deficiency, so I use it liberally...)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast