Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wired with energy and bored page

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member

Wired with energy and bored

Primal Fuel
    So I have been eating primal for 5 months, and have lost 8kg. I havent been huge on the exercise, instead focusing on getting the food right.

Now I feel really confortable with my food - its not an effort to eat primally, and I know how far I can go off course before stuffing everything up (its not far)

So fitness improvement is my next hurdle. I have posted here about Starting strength trainig, and have been reading old posts on here and other forums. They all say that obese people should just start by walking around the block.

Well I'm past that... I am WIRED with energy and the desire to get fitter and leaner. ( I am 112kg)
    Walking around the block is boring, slow and boring. I bought some weights, but almost everyone advised that there wasn't much pont using them until I lost a heap of weight.

Can't I just smash the exercise? Everyone says fat loss is 80/20 diet /exercise, which I do belive, but does that mean I shouldn't do a lot of exercise?

I don't want to hurt myslef of course, by running or jumping, I know I am still really heavy.

I am just bursting with newfound energy and a passion for fitness but feel I have nowhere to put it

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You are overthinking it. When you have the energy, hit the workouts.

How many pounds is that anyway? Internet says 245? Unless you're 5'5" you can do a lot at this point.

People meant you don't need to exercise to lose weight, and that exercising while very overweight can damage your joints and body in other ways. But only certain types of exercise. Even very fat people can do powerlifting and similar non-plyometric things. I'd start the weight lifting for now, heavy as you can. Just avoid jumping jacks.

I always have ants in my pants, too. I have to get active almost every day or I drive my coworkers nuts.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-15-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    Only thing is I do weights at home by myself. I only have a 17,5kg barbell

LindyCG is offline Senior Member
    There's a lot you can do with bodyweight exercises, which might be the best way to get started. Also, I've seen comments from people on here about cheap home equipment like bags of sand, etc., if you don't want to invest in more weights.

I also agree that strength training will help you. Also, it is probably not popular on here but you can probably look for some low impact workout DVDs or YouTube videos for times you have tons of energy and strength training or walking isn't enough. I just found some low impact HIIT videos by googling - they might be enough to get you some fat burning benefits from sprinting-type workouts, until you get to a point where you can do more.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You have a mirror? Watch a lot of videos, work on form, check yourself, correct yourself. You can get free weights or make them pretty easily. I got mine from the dump, took them out of the steel recycling and nobody stopped me. I also lift alone most of the time. Use safety rails, don't leave yourself vulnerable, and enjoy. No reason not to lift heavy now.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Install a pull-up bar at home in the corridor you walk through very often and do pull-ups every time you walk under the bar. Increase the number with time.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you want to do starting strength do it. Just ignore the part about drinking a gallon of milk. Read the book.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for Super-Slow training !

The resistance training you’ll do with Dr. Darden’s new plan is shown to give you results faster than any other regimen out there. Here’s why, according to scientific research and many real-life studies:

Compared to regular resistance training, his 30-30-30 plan, emphasizing slow lowering against resistance, produces 40 to 50 percent greater activation of muscle tissue than traditional lifting. That’s not because you’re using heavier weights than normal — in fact, you’ll be using lighter weights!

That “deeper” stimulation of muscle fibers in turn prompts the release of five key hormones involved in muscle building. While your muscles are growing faster, the same hormones act to pull calories out of fat cells, which then shrink!
    Have a read of this article:

The Secret to Dropping More than 30 Pounds Fast | Women's Health Magazine

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Consider doing your walks with a weighted vest or backpack with sandbags in it. If your wearing minimal shoes, pay attention to your walking form to keep from heal striking. I picked up a nice weighted vest on Craigslist, it was worth the purchase.

I also use a sandbag for my workouts. I bought one made for exercise but you can make your own easy enough. I also do a kettlebell routine and bodyweight routine. And I'm not that far behind you at 102 kilos.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Consider doing your walks with a weighted vest or backpack with sandbags in it. If your wearing minimal shoes, pay attention to your walking form to keep from heal striking. I picked up a nice weighted vest on Craigslist, it was worth the purchase.

I also use a sandbag for my workouts. I bought one made for exercise but you can make your own easy enough. I also do a kettlebell routine and bodyweight routine. And I'm not that far behind you at 102 kilos.
    What benefits do you feel a Kettlebell routine gives over controlled barbell/Dumbbell movements ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast