Thread: Kalli's Whole30 Journal page

kalli889 is offline Senior Member

Kalli's Whole30 Journal

Primal Fuel
    So...I told myself I'd start today, Thursday, May 18. I get paid on Thursdays, so it's easier to plan my food.

I have insomnia, so it's 1:30am where I'm at. I wish I didn't but I do. And dinner plans from last week were pushed to tonight, so hooray! Whole30 and out to eat on the first night.

I'm concerned about my workday without sleep and getting sugar cravings. So I should probably have some fruits and nuts and maybe a green smoothie today. The grocery store across the street sells unsweetened Yerba mate so I can get some bottle of that, a bag of loose Yerba mate for the future, and one of those reusable Keurig single serving brew basket for work. So I don't drink mochas anymore.

I have HealthForce Liver Rescue + so maybe I'll just take extra doses to get through my first week of carb flu. I also have Zeolite, so hopefully that will help with detox reactions.

Maybe we can go somewhere Paleo friendly for dinner, and I can get oysters and steak or something.

I already made chicken tossed in olive oil with Herbes aux Provence and steamed asparagus for lunch, so I'll be fine there. Maybe I'll get a side of sweet potatoes and take a nap after lunch.

I've only recently started having insomnia again. :-/. Annoying.

I'll probably have to do the cheapo what-they-have-at-the-grocery-store-on-sale Whole30, because I don't make that much money right now. I get the heebies from non-pastured meat and non-organic produce, but I've been known to inhale fast food if I haven't planned my meals well. Before, I slowly lost 20 lbs ish on a Leptin Reset, but I fell off the wagon and I'm trying a Whole30. I've done one before and te Kill All The Things phase was harsh. I was really angry, and I ate some gluten-free pancakes with sugary apple butter and poof! No longe cranky. But also joy longer Whole30. So I'll try it and see what happens.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Breakfast: Turkey bacon, scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, and ZUCCHINI FRITTERS! NEW FAVORITE FOOD = ZUCCHINI FRITTERS! MMMM....

Washing it down with a delicious lemongrass green tea. :-D
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Well. That didn't last long. 3:30 came and I was delirious at work from lack of sleep and found that I had magically left a Red Bull for myself that I forgot about for God knows how long. So now I am AWAKE and seeing spots instead of falling asleep and seeing spots, but I did not make it a Whole1. Tomorrow, Day 1? So far I am 95/5 PB.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

K-Tel Records is offline Senior Member
    Ugh....I can relate to that lack of sleep dilemma. I get cranky, and want to go home immediately, curl up on the couch and carb up. I love these journals as we can document what we eat, our feelings, and really track to see what works and what doesn't work for us. You may not have the $$ for grassfed, pastured organic tended-by-the-angels food items, but at this point, any unprocessed, whole food would be an improvement over our usual carb-heavy and fast-food havens!! LOL

Then as things improve you can add a little here and there!! Look forward to following your journey!!
    Primal shennanigans! My Journal