Thread: Angelinalblyth's Journal page

angelinalblyth is offline Junior Member

Angelinalblyth's Journal

Shop Now
    Good day,

I am Angelina and I am from Scotland. I'm 24 and an IT technician so I sit at a desk for 10+ hours 4 days a week. About a year ago I got into weightlifting and loved it but a few months into it with bad coaching and my form was off I hurt my back getting sciatica. I was out for the best part of half the year. Since February this year I was cleared and have been working my way back up the weights.

Squats 67.5kg
    Deads 85kg
    Bench 40kg
    BB rows 52.5kg
    OH Press 32kg

I stopped doing 5x5 around a week ago and am currently doing Kettlebell training to be apart of a competition in Wales at the end of June. I am currently on 14kg 4/4mins long cycle and need to get up to 16kg 5/5mins. Training is going well and I have seen great strength increases in the past few months which I am happy with.

The only thing that I am struggling with is my diet. Same as probably everyone. I snack on sweets, chocolate and crisps. Lots of carbie food and low fat items as I was always under the impression that low-fat was good for you.

I stumbled on Paleo/LCHF a month ago and I have been doing lots of research before then and from what Ive read it seems like a good thing for me to switch too.

I made my weekday food all on Sunday so its all in tubs in my fridge and I just take two containers out before leaving for work in the morning.

Today is Day 2 and so far so good. Got a bit of the Keto flu going on where my head is all foggy, cant really concentrate on a lot. In work Ive been rather restless while being stuck inside. Went for a nice walk yesterday and today during my lunch. I usually go for a run during my lunch but haven't since I switched over to Kettlebell training.

Things Ive noticed so far is that I'm not hungry when I used to be. I can last longer before having breakfast. Ive increased my water intake but I'm still thirsty all the time. Im also not needing as much coffee as before. Usually I would have about 4 cups before I even switch my computer on at work ( and I start very early in the morning).

Been having a Chicken, bacon and cauliflower sort of cheesy bake for my breakfast which doesn't have enough bacon in my opinion. And a tuna salad for my lunch, filled with lots of veg, mayo and a boiled egg.

Last night I had slow cooked pulled pork with cheese melted over it, some nice thick coleslaw and a handful of pistachios.

Also been having two coffee's with whole milk. This morning I made a bulletproof coffee to take with me on my journey to work. That was filling and I rather enjoyed it, think it would be nice with some cinnamon in it.

Also had a bit of salami - got them out of aldi its like fake Peperami. After the gym yesterday on the walk home I ate a banana.

Wendy717 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the journals. It sounds like you have a lot of dairy in your diet. That might slow things down fat loss wise. From what I have read, all of the growth hormones (the natural ones meant to help the baby calf grow quickly) cause us to store fat, and dairy also causes a blood sugar spike and crash effect similar to carb sources. I empathize, as I was previously addicted to dairy (and I am lactose intollerant for God's sake!), and it still creeps in here and there in my diet. But, I know if I really want to get where I want to be, I am going to have to get rid of all dairy. Anyway, enough of that. Welcome! I will be cheering you on!!
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Angelina. Good luck!

Recent research indicates that dairy may help weight loss.

Ultra dark chocolate, in moderation, is good for you. Other sweets and crisps, not.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Last night I was really feeling the foggy head all the way to the gym during and back. It didn't subside until I ate my dinner.

I'm not too fussed regarding my dairy intake at them moment. If and when the weight loss slows down I might consider trying eliminating it.

Yesterday was good, less foggy headed so that was good. Need to sort out my eating times. Had my bulletproof coffee at half 6 to 7ish. Then had my breakfast at half 10. Then my lunch at around 2ish. Not that hungry at lunch just that's when my lunch break is in work so I feel like I should be eating around that time. Going to try and hold off today until I am actually hungry and see how I feel.

Had a rather high carb day due to having a latte during my lunch. Went a walk in the park for my lunch and had a latte as I was walking around. Was a lovely day and I couldn't bare staying in a stuffy office.

After the gym my brother had made a chicken and bacon pasta bake so I picked all the chicken and bacon out of it and left the pasta. I did say no carbs but he doesn't seem to listen.

So yesterday was good. Had my bulletproof coffee, chicken and bacon casserole for breakie. Then because I was feeling like shit I thought it could be lack of salt so got some homemade veg soup mostly just liquid with added salt. That cleared that away which was good. Went for a walk in the park during lunch.

Only thing that went wrong was due to the heat I thought id get something cool to drink. Got a mango tango, which is mango mint and coconut whizzed up with ice to make a smoothie. That was a lot of carbs. A few hours after it I had the same foggy head.

Went to the gym after work and done my training burned a good few hundred calories. Came home and wasn't particularly hungry. Made myself another bulletproof coffee and had that with the last of my pistachios. Need to stop buying those.

So been getting on fine with my food. Had a bit of a binge on Sunday on some of those breakfast biscuits you get but not too many but still feel a bit let down with myself because of it.

Figured with my entries into myfitnesspal I am eating too much protein and not enough fat so this week I am trying to fix my food for the week to try and get more fat and less protein.

Still go some foggy head symptoms feel like my eyes are really tired and heavy. Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

Wendy717 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds a little like the carb flu. Getting more fat, more REST ( ), and adding some salt into your diet will help with that (it did for me anyway!) How's the weather in Scottland today? I have been to England and Ireland, but not to Scottland yet. I bet it's beautiful! Are you near the coast? Happy Tuesday from Arizona USA
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead