Thread: Overcame a weight loss plateau page

Cephas is offline Junior Member

Overcame a weight loss plateau

Shop Now
    I'll post this here also to help people who have plateaud on their weight loss journey.

I'm a 6'2" male and started primal last November at 236 lbs. My weight came all the way down to 200 lbs in March and after it stayed there for a month, I started looking for some more radical ways to get leaner. On this forum I read about steak&eggs diet. You can search for it. It sounded quite unhealthy way of losing fat, but I tweaked it a bit to include sauerkraut, a bit of green salad and fish. I tried 3 weeks of S&E and here are my results:

- Starting weight: 91.8kg/202 lbs
    - Ending weight 86.8kg/191 lbs
    - Final weight 87.7kg/193 lbs. This is after resuming normal primal diet and carbing up a bit.

So I got a net loss of 4.1kg/9 lbs in 3 weeks. Also 2.5cm (1 inch) disappeared off of my waist. Strength-wise, my reps/weights on all exercises have gone up. So I'm clearly stronger than when I started!

Swick is offline Junior Member
    If you don't mind me asking, what was your diet that got you from 236 to 202? Curious how many carbs/day?

Cephas is offline Junior Member
    I don't really count what I eat, I just eat until I'm full. But I would guestimate about 50 grams of carbs before S&E and the same thing now again.

1-2 pieces of fruit, a couple of large green salads, some broccoli/cauliflower. And a ton of eggs, meat, fish & fat. That's the basic set up.