Thread: Early pregnancy nausea page

girlhk is offline Senior Member

Early pregnancy nausea

Almost everything turns my stomach. I can't stand the smell of food so cooking is an issue. It's gotten worse recently with vomiting everything I ate yesterday. Any ideas on what to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenna is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin B6 helps with nausea. Don't let yourself become dehydrated or hungry, both will only make it worse. Lots of rest, eat something with protein before you go to bed and before you get out of bed (cheese, nut butter, whatever works) in the morning. Eat whatever sounds half way decent until this passes, and it will pass. If you feel like you are becoming dehydrated go to your doctor immediately. I've had hyperemesis with three pregnancies, absolutely miserable and enough to give a person PTSD.

Ellesbells is offline Senior Member
    I found that the prenatal vitamins were what made me nauseous. I swapped them for kids vitamins and was fine.
    A cup of ginger tea may help. I hope you feel better soon and congrats!

jenna is offline Senior Member
    Aged on the vitamins, some of them are very rough on your stomach. Not to mention trying to swallow them would trigger my gag reflex half the time. :-(

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Ginger.

'Nuff said.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    They sell organic pregnancy drops that have the essential oil of ginger that my wife used. You can find them on Amazon.

My wife also used Thorne's B6 and that seemed to knock the nausea completely out. Ask your doctor about anything before you take anything though.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

breadisevil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Almost everything turns my stomach. I can't stand the smell of food so cooking is an issue. It's gotten worse recently with vomiting everything I ate yesterday. Any ideas on what to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The question is how sick are you? Try the suggestions above but if you develop hyperemesis like I did, honestly, eat b whatever is palatable. You'll throw it up anyway. Assuming you have no autoimmune issues or allergies.

I'm not really exaggerating by saying I wanted to die between weeks 5 and about 16.
    Breastfeeding mom with a 7 month-old.
    CW: 112 lb GW: 105 lb Height: Just 4'11

Everyday I'm content-writing… over at:
    Bread is Evil
    Burbank Martial Arts

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisevil View Post
    The question is how sick are you? Try the suggestions above but if you develop hyperemesis like I did, honestly, eat b whatever is palatable. You'll throw it up anyway. Assuming you have no autoimmune issues or allergies.

I'm not really exaggerating by saying I wanted to die between weeks 5 and about 16.
    No hyperemesis. Just very poor appetite and grossed out by food. So far, pasta, bread, sushi (not w/ fish) in small quantities are all that I can stomach. My prenatal vitamins don't make me nauseous so I just take them. I'm just a bit concerned because my toddler is still nursing and I'm losing weight from eating less.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Glad you can still take your vitamins without nausea... other good suggestions above like B6 & ginger - assuming all is ok with your doctor.

For me, creamy foods helped calm my stomach. Full-fat greek yogurt, sometimes pudding or even cottage cheese (don't gag - it worked). Then after a few bites of those, I could eat a little "normal" food. Also some smoothies were ok perhaps because I didn't have to chew. Something like a pear, spinach, and ginger smoothie might be good to get extra nutrients without much fuss about eating. Anyway, good luck & congrats
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat whatever you can stomach, this will most likely pass very soon. Smoothies, white rice with butter, broth, boiled or mashed potatoes, ice cream, ginger ale with some vanilla ice cream... anything that sounds good to you is what you should have. Food rules don't apply right; any nourishment you can tolerate is more important.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams