Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: List of books that you will NOT recommend to read; page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

List of books that you will NOT recommend to read;

Yep, the books that you are not going to read! Or what are the worst books around that does not deserve to be read ever?

Here a few books from my private list that I will never bother to read;

Richard Dawkins; the God Delusion
    Douglas N. Graham; 80/10/10
    Thomas Aquinas;Summa Theologica
    Mark Rippetoe; Starting Strength
    Yahweh (Jewish moon god): Old Testament of The Bible
    Robert Lustig; Fat chance and collected works
    Jim Wendler; 5/3/1, or beyond
    Adolf Hitler; Mein Kampf

So what are the books that you are never going to read, no matter how they are threatening you?
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    50 Shades of Grey.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Gorbag's memoirs
    The Champagne of Beards

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Gorbag, I'm just curious. If you will never bother to read these books, how can you outright dismiss ALL of them?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    It's harder to make straw man arguments when you actually understand what argument is being made.
    The Champagne of Beards

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Most of the stuff on my list I just consider to be a waste of time. I spend a lot of time reading things that I disagree with, probably more than stuff I think might have it down a little more. I will never understand the "ostrich mindset", where people refuse to read something because they dislike the source.....I feel like if there is something that I believe in or support, and it can be threatened by another human's words on a page, then I was ignorant in that belief or set of ideas to begin with.

-- Harry Potter books. Read one. It ain't literary genius folks; It's a cute kids story. Read some TC Boyle like an adult.
    -- Mainstream Christian pulp fiction: I.E. The Shack, Heaven is for Real, or other assorted brain droppings. If I need a story about God appearing to someone in the woods, I would join a cult or something. Same here as with above; there are more stimulating things in this genre. TS Eliot anyone?
    -- Wheat belly, Engine 2 diet, Grain brain, etc. I don't have much use for these fad books either. I read Lustig's book and was highly unimpressed as well. I expected it to be more, well, sounding like it was written by a f-ing medical doctor. A first year nutrition student could've written that tripe.
    -- Hemingway.....sorry. Raed 3 of his books, and I still don't see what the acclaim is about. Done with them. Boring, melancholy, 1-dimensional characters, just bland for me.
    -- About 95% of political books, from any mainstream author, right or left. Hannity, O'Reilly, Schultz, or anyone else that makes a living talking about politics on TV....TV is owned by corporations, so the opinions of these puppets are almost always completely contrived, small-minded, and partisan. Reading a mainstream political book is a little bit like only reading nutrition books written by the American Restaurant Lobby. You will only be getting a slightly different spin on the same set of failed assumptions and disproved ideas....yet for some reason, most people are blind to it. When I get into any serious discussion, one of my main lookouts is when I say to myself "This person gets their ideas off the TV => They are BS."
    Last edited by TheyCallMeLazarus; 05-09-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    I buy a lot of fashion magazines but I never read them... especially their "dating advice" section. I only tear out the beauty and fashion editorials I like for visual inspiration.

NEVER take advice from the Cosmopolitan magazine. NEVER.

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post

NEVER take advice from the Cosmopolitan magazine. NEVER.
    Dang, really?
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Gorbag, I'm just curious. If you will never bother to read these books, how can you outright dismiss ALL of them?
    All of them? Those books are just a few from an almost endless list! Life is too short and a rigid selection is the order of the day from now - since I already have read too many bad books until now!

Let’s take serious some of the stuff that the wise guy says here:

Walden - Chapter 3
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    It's harder to make straw man arguments when you actually understand what argument is being made.
    The biggest anti-Starting Strength guy on this forum... Never even read Starting Strength.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast