Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yayyyyy......Deadlifted 385 ! page 3

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I'm still chasing triple bodyweight. Currently for me at ~170 that would be 510lbs. I got up to 405 without too much trouble, but going higher than that hasn't happened...yet :-)
    Nice job. Triple bodyweight is a pretty solid achievement. You'll get there. I never pulled triple bodyweight and I'll probably never try. At 168, I pulled 415 at my best. I was just young and strong and had no idea how to train at all. I had a guy show me how to deadlift and I just threw weight on a bar every once in a while and banged out sets of deads. I had no idea what starting strength, texas method, 5/3/1 or anything else was back then. I just did sets of whatever I could. If I only knew then what I know now.... I guess we can say that about pretty much everything in life though
    Last edited by not on the rug; 05-09-2014 at 12:56 PM.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Anyone ever seen Martin Berkhan's deadlift? Look at the freakin' speed on the first lift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAX94eA2zrA

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    Anyone ever seen Martin Berkhan's deadlift? Look at the freakin' speed on the first lift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAX94eA2zrA
    Rounding the back doesn't seem to worry him either !

He's gonna end up in a wheelchair lifting like that. My spine is crying just thinking about that

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    He's gonna end up in a wheelchair lifting like that. My spine is crying just thinking about that
    I gotta agree. I was getting ready to come to Martin's defense, thinking maybe he was just rounding the upper back, but it looks to me like he's rounding the lumbar spine as well. Plus the way he jerks it off the floor. Just doesn't look safe to me. I think he just reallly wanted to set a PR and did whatever he had to in order to set it.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    I've been at it for about a month now. Did 240 this week. How much have you been going up each week and what is your DL schedule like?

I've been adding weight on Sunday, like 20 pounds over previous week, then through out the week I do 2 days of lighter DLs ending in maybe 2-3 reps at the new weight.
    Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. We have tried it not for months, but a few days at a time—long enough to satisfy us of its good effects. Newspaper article from 1849

Visit my blog: VEGETABLE PHARM

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    You amaze me! Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    I've been at it for about a month now. Did 240 this week. How much have you been going up each week and what is your DL schedule like?

I've been adding weight on Sunday, like 20 pounds over previous week, then through out the week I do 2 days of lighter DLs ending in maybe 2-3 reps at the new weight.
    I always hit them on my first training day and first thing in that session. I do a few warm up reps starting with just the bar then 2 plates, 4 plates, 6 plates then finally I go for a one rep max. I then finish with maybe two or three sets of 4-6 reps.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    I always hit them on my first training day and first thing in that session. I do a few warm up reps starting with just the bar then 2 plates, 4 plates, 6 plates then finally I go for a one rep max. I then finish with maybe two or three sets of 4-6 reps.
    You must be pretty durable. Deadlifts always destroy me, so I need to do them last.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I dedicate a separate day to them because I don't want to be tired from squats or presses before my deadlifts.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast