Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. Harper's got some nutrition article right for once. page

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

Wow. Harper's got some nutrition article right for once.

Primal Fuel
    I am in shock. I just rolled my eyes last night at a 30 day vegan weightloss menu in the print harper's baazar while I was looking for photoshoot inspiration. All sorts of avocado on sprouted grains crap.

Liver, raw milk, and cold showers sound like so much better advice...

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/...optimal-health

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Soon liver is going to be as expensive as tenderloin.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

TQP

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Soon liver is going to be as expensive as tenderloin.
    No worries. Not sure the bored housewives and FASHUN girls (Harper target audience) are going to start buying liver...maybe popping liver pills, but yeah. About 90% of NYC girls I know don't eat red meat...most of them are vegan or vegetarian. A few are pescatarian.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    No worries. Not sure the bored housewives and FASHUN girls (Harper target audience) are going to start buying liver...maybe popping liver pills, but yeah. About 90% of NYC girls I know don't eat red meat...most of them are vegan or vegetarian. A few are pescatarian.
    Good. More for us. :P My husband took the train into Manhattan last week. I need to hop along next time. I want to check out that ice cream place with the vegan options you posted about, speaking of vegans, lol.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

TQP

Good. More for us. :P My husband took the train into Manhattan last week. I need to hop along next time. I want to check out that ice cream place with the vegan options you posted about, speaking of vegans, lol.
    I don't know about manhattan, but I see that brand's ice cream at select grocers in the yuppie part of Brooklyn... So you can stock up!

Oh and there is an overpriced paleo restaurant that is tasty in NYC. I forgot the name, but it is in union square. The dark chocolate with puffed quinoa and almond butter is amazeballs. They have mashed roots bowls topped with grassfed beef, almond flour bread (ewww so much PUFA), and cashew cream chicken. Pretty good food and an experience. All dairy free and grain free.

I just go by and stock up on their chocolate once in a blue moon. I have only had the cooked food once.
    Last edited by TQP; 05-08-2014 at 12:41 PM.

I don't know about manhattan, but I see that brand's ice cream at select grocers in the yuppie part of Brooklyn... So you can stock up!

Oh and there is an overpriced paleo restaurant that is tasty in NYC. I forgot the name, but it is in union square. The dark chocolate with puffed quinoa and almond butter is amazeballs. They have mashed roots bowls topped with grassfed beef, almond flour bread (ewww so much PUFA), and cashew cream chicken. Pretty good food and an experience.

I just go by and stock up on their chocolate once in a blue moon.
    Are you in Brooklyn? The organic grass-fed butcher I buy from up here has a store there.

TQP

Are you in Brooklyn? The organic grass-fed butcher I buy from up here has a store there.
    I am in Brooklyn. are you talking about Los paisanos??? That's my butchershop. Grassfed everything. Those people love me there haha.

I am in Brooklyn. are you talking about Los paisanos??? That's my butchershop. Grassfed everything. Those people love me there haha.
    No, Fleisher's Grassfed and Organic Meats !! Me and Martha shop there The owner is a former vegan!

TQP

No, Fleisher's Grassfed and Organic Meats !! Me and Martha shop there The owner is a former vegan!
    Park slope! That is even deeper into Brooklyn than where I am. You should try my butchershop... The ice cream place has a brick and mortar store 2 blocks down. One of my favorite things to get my meats for the week and then a cold brew coffee + ice cream down the block.

That is Brooklyn summertime for me. That and getting gelato or sorbet to eat at the promenade looking across the waters to the financial district... Beautiful sunset.

I am by the waters. First stop into Brooklyn on the F/2/3/4/5 trains
    Last edited by TQP; 05-08-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Park slope! That is even deeper into Brooklyn than where I am. You should try my butchershop... The ice cream place has a brick and mortar store 2 blocks down. One of my favorite things to get my meats for the week and then a cold brew coffee + ice cream down the block.

That is Brooklyn summertime for me. That and getting gelato or sorbet to eat at the promenade looking across the waters to the financial district... Beautiful sunset.
    I will have to check out your butcher! Us upstate people think nothing of driving an hour to go to one store, it's what we do, haha. I know a mile in the city is sort of a big deal by foot or train hopping.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast