Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow. Harper's got some nutrition article right for once. page 3

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    My family thinks I have gone off the deep end, but recently I also stopped using soap and even shampoo. Just use cold water for my skin and apple cider vinegar and baking soda for my hair.
    Thanks for the info. So, at the risk of being blunt, you don't wash your armpits or private parts with soap?

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    @eig, I don't judge the persons doing anything. I judge bad nutrition advice given out by fashion magazines... I don't even know why they write them. We all know the girls who read them rarely eat. I know because I work in fashion and I feel that struggle to diet instead of eating healthy every day. I see a bad pic of me at an event etc and I am like "damn it I should fast the 3 days before an event"... Ugh. Everyone talked about how bad they were being eating fries on a Monday, 5 FASHUN girls from a reputable fashion magazine sharing 1 side of French fries. Thin and chic are used interchangeably. Smoking and cardio to keep the weight down is a real thing. :P

@j3nn, haha. Don't forget the shitty real estate prices...
    lol, actually had two tabs open, one was the thread the about judging peoples carts... the other was this one XD Im a tard...I'll go back to doing my homework now rather than trying to multitask cause we all see how well thats working for me haha!

p.s. thats sad about the smokes and cardio. Hope they see this and eat some liver.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    lol, actually had two tabs open, one was the thread the about judging peoples carts... the other was this one XD Im a tard...I'll go back to doing my homework now rather than trying to multitask cause we all see how well thats working for me haha!

p.s. thats sad about the smokes and cardio. Hope they see this and eat some liver.
    Lol. XD nooo come back and procrastinate with us!!!

dum dum is offline Junior Member
    Oh and there is an overpriced paleo restaurant that is tasty in NYC. I forgot the name, but it is in union square. The dark chocolate with puffed quinoa and almond butter is amazeballs. They have mashed roots bowls topped with grassfed beef, almond flour bread (ewww so much PUFA), and cashew cream chicken. Pretty good food and an experience. All dairy free and grain free..
    Hu Kitchen. Haven't tried the food but they have some nice coffee drinks you can get with coconut or almond milk. Easy to make at home, but nice to be able to pick up on the go.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dum dum View Post
    Hu Kitchen. Haven't tried the food but they have some nice coffee drinks you can get with coconut or almond milk. Easy to make at home, but nice to be able to pick up on the go.
    Oh yeah!! Thanks.

I thought most coffee shops in NYC have almond milk as an option now?

Siggy's good food makes a good almond milk chai tea, but nowadays I went back to dairy.

miata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2 View Post
    Thanks for the info. So, at the risk of being blunt, you don't wash your armpits or private parts with soap?
    Some areas get a good scrubbing, but just cold water. Also using the crystal mineral salts deodorant.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Soon liver is going to be as expensive as tenderloin.
    Nah. There are tons of people who will never, ever touch it, believe me.

Uselis is online now Senior Member
    Interesting is the cold shower parts about meditation effect, improved libido and fostered creativity is based on studies/research because I am doing it off and on and still yet to create a poem or fight with stress more efficiently It feels good at first but after you get some tolerance benefits subside imo. Refreshing though

dum dum is offline Junior Member
    Oh yeah!! Thanks.

I thought most coffee shops in NYC have almond milk as an option now?

Siggy's good food makes a good almond milk chai tea, but nowadays I went back to dairy.
    I see rice or almond milk here and there, but soy is still usually the only alternative. I eat dairy too but would never pass up a coconut milk latte if the option was available. Almond chai tea sounds awesome!

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    TQP, if you're still in NYC when the SO and I drop by to check the place out, you will have to make me a list of places that are must-trys.

M.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast