Thread: Daily fat intake

Daily fat intake

Shop Now
    Hey everyone, I need a little help I have been following PB for a little over a month now and have leaned out while maintaining muscle but I want to lean out a little more, I ran my daily intake through fitday.com and discovered that at my current food levels I am eating approximately 180 grams of fat, 125 grams of protein and 130 grams of carbohydrate. I am eating 95% PB foods and my carb intake varies daily from under 100 to 150 but never more than 150. I am 5'11" and 178 lbs. So i guess my main question is, is 180 grams of fat too high of an intake? What is ideal along PB lines for a 30 year old male? Also any critiques of my numbers would be appreciated. LMK what you think or what you would advise...

180g is not enough. 150g of carbs is probably going to be too much if you want to see weight loss.

Your fat intake is fine. I would go higher on protein though. Carbs are pretty high if you are looking to lose bodyfat. I always wonder what people are eating to rise above 100g of carbs. That would take 3-4 pieces of fruit, which is unnecessary unless you are a cardio junkie. Eat more vegetables.

Way too many carbs to lose weight. Drop it to below 50g a day and make up the calories with fat.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Your protein is too low.

Are you weight training?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Quote Originally Posted by RezH View Post
    Your fat intake is fine. I would go higher on protein though. Carbs are pretty high if you are looking to lose bodyfat. I always wonder what people are eating to rise above 100g of carbs. That would take 3-4 pieces of fruit, which is unnecessary unless you are a cardio junkie. Eat more vegetables.
    According to FitDay.com (which I just discovered) my vegetable/seed intake alone puts me at around 55g of carbs a day. If I add one banana and a cup of blueberries it puts me 100-ish grams of carb a day.

OP: drop some carbs and add fat and protein. I know everyone is different, but I'd try that and see what happens. I'm smaller than you and I'm getting about 210g of both fat and protein a day.

Shop Now
    Thanks everyone for your replies. They are all greatly appreciated. I am not too concerned about losing weight quickly, right now about 1 lb a week is what I am averaging. I am pretty athletic and yes I do lift heavy about 3 times a week, run 2 miles and do sprint ladders 2 times a week. I keep my carb intake pretty high due to the fact I work in a busy physical therapy office where i never sit for lunch or snack so i find it difficult to get in necessary carbs due to the fact i have to eat while moving so fruit is my best option to keep fueled during the day. I was more wondering if my fat/protein intake was adequate or too high? I know I could up my protein but how much fat is too much??