Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal booze at a convention page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonjax View Post
    I'll be away on a business trip for eight days. I know there will be drinking (a bunch of writers hanging out? Oh yes, there will be drinking), and lately, wine has been hitting me hard after just one glass. Any booze recommendations? Sure, I could go the no-booze route and have club soda with lime. But for those times I'd like something with a kick...what do you suggest?
    I have definitely noticed that my alcohol sensitivity has increased. So I'd shoot for beer (less total alcohol).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I have definitely noticed that my alcohol sensitivity has increased. So I'd shoot for beer (less total alcohol).
    Ah, the gluten always gets me in beer. Ugh. Feel bloated for days.

If I want something with beer level alcohol though, a good hard cider (and John Adams drank a pint a day for BREAKFAST) is nice and refreshing and doesn't give me the bloat.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    There is no more total alcohol in a glass of wine, glass of beer or shot depending on volume of course.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Gin and tonic, I like a generous squeeze of lime <3

I drink cider pretty often too. Try to find the driest one possible.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2 View Post
    There is no more total alcohol in a glass of wine, glass of beer or shot depending on volume of course.
    But it's more diluted so it's easier to drink the wine too fast.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    But it's more diluted so it's easier to drink the wine too fast.
    I would think the opposite. Beer requires a lot of volume to get to the same level of alcohol as from a few shots of something hard. Same for wine. Eventually that volume will fill you up and you simply wouldn't be able to fit more in, even if you weren't "drunk" just yet.

I mean... How quickly can you knock back four or five shots, and then change that to four or five beers. Bet it takes ya longer! Even if you chug 'em.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i sell wine so don't always want to drink it at the end of the day.

i do best with vodka or tequila but when it's cold outside will occasionally have scotch or bourbon.

whatever route you go, be sure to have plenty of protein BEFORE the booze.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 05-08-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for all the responses, everyone! Greatly appreciated.
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12