Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Human meat anyone? page 2

wugang is offline Member

Human meat anyone?

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Nope. I don't think so? I wouldn't say no to it though. Aren't placentas filled with stem cells???

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0623091119.htm

-------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXQr37Z2Qik
    Yeah and a whole lot of other nutrients. Mamals, at least some of them, eat their placenta too. I'd love to try primal fed placenta

I love when southpark crosses the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    i've read that placenta is super nutritious, but I don't think I'd be able to stomach it (I can barely get down animal organ meats. ha). not sure if it qualifies as human meat exactly. well, maybe. i don't know.
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Kazmo is offline Member
    So you got my attention, well done! LOL......I was actually gonna guess you were a serial killer or something! Now I'm gonna be controversial, Chinese people eat anything so I'm not at all surprised. And don't get me started on the disgrace that is the Chinese medicine trade and the things they do to those poor animals. There's nothing humane about it at all. Snake bile from a live snake anyone?

Mind you, I can't even stand the idea of eating offal so I'm a bit of a wuss on that score. They eat horse here and other parts of Europe. You may as well ask me to eat my cat! I steer well away from the sausages and deli - meats here, that's for sure. IMO anything tastes good once you smoke it! Now there's an idea for your next placenta experience, Hannibal

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Often the cows and sheep on our farms have eaten their placentas after birth, that is if the dog doesn't get to it first.
    Our dogs always look their best after a spring full of placentas !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

This is a little bit of Maori Culture, practiced in NZ

Whenua – the placenta

The placenta

The Māori word for land, whenua, also means placenta. All life is seen as being born from the womb of Papatūānuku, under the sea. The lands that appear above water are placentas from her womb. They float, forming islands.

The womb of the world

In another perspective, all life takes place within the womb of the world. In that womb, preparations are being made for a new world. We are children within the womb of the world, soon to be born into another reality.

Tangata whenua

Tangata whenua – literally, people of the land – are those who have authority in a particular place. This is based on their deep relationship with that place, through their births and their ancestors’ births. As tangata whenua express themselves in that place, they gain the authority and confidence to project themselves into the world. This idea, in turn, underpins the notion of mana whenua – spiritual authority in a given area.

Burying a placenta

Traditionally, the whenua (placenta) and pito (umbilical cord) of newborn babies are buried in a significant place. The placenta is placed in a specially prepared receptacle and buried in a particular location. This practice reinforces the relationship between the newborn child and the land of their birth.

...small steps....

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    That's not weird IMO. Then again I am Chinese. XD
    Seems fine to me, and I'm pretty not Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by wugang View Post
    btw... You ate your own flesh??? Have you had somehing amputated?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Wounds and whatnot.

M.

wugang is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmo View Post
    So you got my attention, well done! LOL......I was actually gonna guess you were a serial killer or something! Now I'm gonna be controversial, Chinese people eat anything so I'm not at all surprised. And don't get me started on the disgrace that is the Chinese medicine trade and the things they do to those poor animals. There's nothing humane about it at all. Snake bile from a live snake anyone?
    This common believe that chinese people eat everything is wrong. Most regions don't eat weird animals and/or parts. There is one region though that is famous (even in china) for eating everything: Canton, the province next to Hong Kong. Sure there are other regions that might eat for example rats, turtles, snakes or insects. But those aren't really bizarre foods.

I don't think (not trying to justifiy animal cruelity, only trying to put it in prespective) that the way certain animal products of TCM are any more cruel than animal testing in conventional "western" medicine. And maybe not as large scale (just my feeling). TCM has big differences from region to region. And in this aspect the Province Canton stands out as the one region were they use anything and sometimes pretty cruelly (some are illegal now). I condemn both practices; animal testing an cruel extraction methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmo View Post
    Mind you, I can't even stand the idea of eating offal so I'm a bit of a wuss on that score. They eat horse here and other parts of Europe. You may as well ask me to eat my cat! I steer well away from the sausages and deli - meats here, that's for sure. IMO anything tastes good once you smoke it! Now there's an idea for your next placenta experience, Hannibal
    We have a region here in Switzerland where they eat cat and dog and by law are allowed to eat it and produce charcuterie for private purposes. I wouldn't mind trying. Then again I eat anything that nutritionally makes sense to me.

Haha We ate it unseasoned. Making it a proper dish with garnish and all would be a little weird. Her Mom only added a spice that said to aid absorbtion of nutrients. To be frank it tastet awfull, but it had a really healthy tasting organ flavour.

wugang is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Often the cows and sheep on our farms have eaten their placentas after birth, that is if the dog doesn't get to it first.
    Our dogs always look their best after a spring full of placentas !
    Really? Do you actually see a difference or were you kidding?

Have you aver considered eating one yourself? I Mean a cows placenta. I am considering trying to find someone willing to give me cows, sheep or goat placenta.

Quote Originally Posted by wugang View Post
    Really? Do you actually see a difference or were you kidding?

Have you aver considered eating one yourself? I Mean a cows placenta. I am considering trying to find someone willing to give me cows, sheep or goat placenta.

I actually see a major difference in the dogs condition after a spring full of placentas.
    I have had 5 children, and NO i have never considered eating any of their placenta's !!!!!!

I have also had plenty of sheep(20,000) odd, and heaps of cattle, and the thought of eating their placentas just doesnt turn this old Gwamma on ........ At all, however give me a steak from said cow .......
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 05-08-2014 at 02:19 AM.

...small steps....

wugang is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I actually see a major difference in the dogs condition after a spring full of placentas.
    I have had 5 children, and NO i have never considered eating any of their placenta's !!!!!!
    Alright But i said "Have you aver considered eating one yourself? I Mean a cows placenta."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast