Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insmonia after workout page

khld mgdi is offline Junior Member

Unhappy insmonia after workout

i always have a issue with sleeping ( deprivation-insomnia ) the day when i workout any type of intense workout like crossfit ,I thought I might be over training, so I took two weeks off to rest, but the same came right back when I started up again , i generally do my workout at 6 pm and i also tried to workout earlier in the morning but the same happened ..! anyone help me

update : i am male 24 , i dont think its a glycogen delpletion beacuse i may do 50 squat and same happens ( i dont think 50 squats would deplet glycogen ).!!!!

Eich is offline Senior Member
    When you are actually asleep, your sleep cycle results in cortisone eventually being released to wake you up.

Intense exercise gives cortisone a momentary bump. It's quite logical that it would interfere with getting to sleep if it's in the evening..

Crossfit is needlessly intense, and therefore gives you a needlessly pronounced and prolonged cortisone bump.

Don't do crossfit.

I realize you may not like that answer.

There are other explanations for insomnia, but this one is exercise related.

i know crossfit is super intense , but if u didnt see ,, i said i i may do 50 squat and the same happend !!

Eich is offline Senior Member
    And I said there are other explanations for insomnia!

Bear is online now Senior Member
    I always work out in the morning. When I'd workout or run in the afternoon, my sleep sucked. I don't know the physiological explanation or it, nor do I care. Working out late in the day will ruin sleep...period.

i tried this but no result , still morning workout effect my sleep i dont know how , yesterday i workout in morning for just 10 minutes , and i slept like this ( 2 hours , awake , 3 hours , awake , 1 hr , 1 hr , 1 hr , that makes me so exhausting now and i cant workout !!!!!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Your workout probably revs you up too much to allow you to sleep. Maybe you should work out in the morning.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    To be fair he has said (twice) that he's tried training in the morning, with no benefit to the sleep issue

yes , i said that !!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    my diet is good , and i eat super healthy 5 meals ( carbs .protein .fats ) i dont follow a strict diet , but i eat alot of healthy stuff and also a huge meal after training , i work as a 3D artist in a company ,my work starts 12 pm , i wake up at 11 am , go to sleep around 2.30 or 3 midnight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast