Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast food: Is there ANY actual evidence/science that it's unhealthy ?? page 12

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    mono- and di-glycerides are transfats by another name. same devil, different cloak.

CPSI's ringing endorsement
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    They put it in baby food! The horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperb View Post
    much dangerous!
    THEY SPRAY DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE to our organic veggies! Also even the highest end restaurants use it as an additive.

What a conspiracy to make us fat!

(judging from some other responses, I think a few of the mda'ers didn't get this reference either... -___-)

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    because you can't cook and drive at the same time, but you can drive and eat.
    On Sunday I unexpectedly had to leave before starting lunch so I ate my Mt. Everest salad in the car.

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    McDonalds used to have some really tasty Strawberry Milkshakes thirty years ago! Or maybe my sense of taste has deteriorated or improved over the years because it does not taste half that good anymore…
    One explanation is that your taste buds changed as you aged.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/bo...-age.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMarduk View Post
    And how does one portion control fast food ? If your constantly eating it the recommended amount wont likely fill you up. On the flip side if you dont eat it much portion control becomes easier fast food doesnt taste as good as before.
    That's weird. Last time I ate a BigMac, I was STUFFED after eating like half of it. I stayed full for hours, also.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy! View Post
    On Sunday I unexpectedly had to leave before starting lunch so I ate my Mt. Everest salad in the car.
    am not 100% sure what that is, but if you were driving and eating something that needed a fork? please, god, no.

some idiot woman nearly killed me the other morning because she was driving, eating yogurt and talking on her cell as i tried to cross the street. idiot.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    soooooo, less than 2 books per year? is it slow-going sounding out all the big words and dragging your finger along the page so as not to lose your place?
    Big words? You must be confusing that with pure sophistry. They had an idea, skipped the science part in the middle, then put out a book to market to people who like to feel big by cataloging knowledge to pretend they possess knowledge(see: everyone on this forum). You might have the entire collection of quack nutritionist books to present at hand, but you have no intimate working knowledge of any of it, as shown by the fact you're actually promoting it. You have the memory of the day you remembered lipid theories, and that it seemed like a cool idea, which has strayed even more from anything like a practical assembly than a lopsided mess, which precludes you from getting flour on it like a cookbook, or navigating through anything other than its associations to brandish at your opponents in an internet debate. All science requires you to assume the precepts of the field, and always allows for argument. "Read this book!" is just showcasing a profound impotence in understanding, and an appeal to authority--one which is no authority at all.
    nihil

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    blahblah. the op is the one bragging about reading weil and nestle. not me.

why 2 books a year about most anything warrants mention is beyond me.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

blahblah. the op is the one bragging about reading weil and nestle. not me.
    How embarrassing for him then.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    THEY SPRAY DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE to our organic veggies! Also even the highest end restaurants use it as an additive.

What a conspiracy to make us fat!

(judging from some other responses, I think a few of the mda'ers didn't get this reference either... -___-)
    Organic vegetables can be more harmful than GMO anyway. Is there any real difference anymore?
    nihil

Eureka5280 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Organic vegetables can be more harmful than GMO anyway. Is there any real difference anymore?
    Dihydrogen monoxide is water dude, she's joking.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
    End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast