Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (agent81) page

agent81 Guest

Primal Fuel

A little background for those who are interested - currently 27 orbits around the sun 6'4" and 289lbs last I checked. I have been getting healthier since the spring(was over 300lbs) and have lost over 6% bodyfat just weight-training 3 days a week and eating 6 times a day. I have been overweight for most of my life, which was rough at times but I was always able to truly appreciate the power of a good pizza - and in that sense I lived like a king

My ideal scale weight was always 225 and after a couple years in AZ at college I found myself there, eating mostly vending-machine food and walking 3+ miles a day with about 100lbs of gear on my back. Unfortunately at 225 I still looked the same to myself in the mirror(learning what body dysmorphic disorder was after) and as I happily gained all the weight back I found myself sick all. the. time.

I got a good job with my newfangled degree, married the girl I loved and being lucky enough to truly appreciate how good the life in North America can be I was quickly lost in the world of paychecks and ice-cream. One can only go so far getting sick every few months before it starts getting old. All my blood tests, allergy tests, cardiogram stuff were ok, I was "overweight" but that didn't make me sick before, so why now? The doctors, although some were very nice people, were of no help to me because I didn't fit into the diagnosis diagram. Bummer.

So I had to become my own Obi-Wan Kenobi and get my lazy butt some answers. Luckily I had been long developing a relationship with the internet and it wasn't long before I realized how many things I had been doing WRONG! Everything from stretching to walking - yes I had been walking incorrectly for almost all of my time upright. I quickly fell in love with research and ended up restructuring my entire thought process and ultimately my view of the world. I haven't been sick yet this year.

Long story longer, but luckily up to date soon I found this guy talking about how a LOT of people are doing things wrong(just like me) and he has changed his life for the better by doing this differently. Not a new different - an old different, a different before the paychecks and ice-cream. A bunch of other people say it works, but just about everything "works" it's whether or not it works for me(you) that matters! The only way for me to tell for sure is....

08/03/09 Day One

B: protein shake

S: beef jerky, almonds, dried cranberries

L: oven roasted chicken breast salad no dressing

S: protein shake

D: turkey jerky, organic sunflower seeds(no salt)

WOD: 30 minutes Circuit training

agent81 Guest

08/04/09 Day Two

NOTE: awoke very tired and sore, definitely did not get enough protein yesterday. Adjusted accordingly.

B: 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, protein shake 1 cup kenyan coffee

L: chicken breast salad

D: chicken breast salad

WOD: 2.75 mile walk

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Make sure you're getting enough fat, agent81. I'd hate to see you burn out from not getting enough calories. Congrats on taking on the 30-day challenge. Just keep plugging away and the weight will come off. Grok on!

agent81 Guest

08/05/09 Day Three

NOTE:added protein made a big difference, still need more (202+ grams!) need to fall asleep much earlier too

B: 2 strips bacon, 1 egg, protein shake, 1 cup coffee

L: chicken breast salad(2 chicken breasts, lettuce,green peppers, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, + bell peppers)

D: turkey jerky, almonds, sunflower seeds

WOD: 30 minute circuit training(side planks are brutal)

Popa Murph Guest

I agree with Mark here; it almost looks like you're on a PSMF. I'd add a little more fat in there. Other than that, good things. Your story sounds almost identical to mine. We're the same height too.

agent81 Guest

Thanks for the advice, I work out of state M/T/W so it's a bit harder to get everything I need. What would you suggest for extra fats that I can get while on the road? Are the nuts enough?

Also, what's a PSMF?

08/06/09 Day Four

NOTE: slept quite well last night, picked up some omega 3s and vitamins on the way home

B: 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, protein shake

L: sweet potato, mushrooms, quorn, green peppers

D: quorn salad with sunflower seeds, cashews, green/orange peppers, carrots

WOD: high energy house chores =)

agent81 Guest

08/07/09*Day*Five

NOTE:*driving*out*of*state*for*the*weekend*with*th e*wife, normally this would be one of those times where it would be MUCH easier to slide back but we made the 7 hour car trip to the less than clean hotel =)

S:*protein*shake

B:*2*egg*omlette*with*green*peppers,*onions

L:*fake*turkey*salad

S:*protein*shake*and*red*grapes

D: almonds, cashews

WOD: 30 minute circuit training

agent81 Guest

08/08/09*Day*six

S:*protein*shake

B:*3*scrambled*eggs*watermelon,*pineapple

S:*almonds,*pecans

L:*hamburger*no*bread,*salad

D:*11oz*of*delicious*steak, veggies,*salad*unsweetened*iced*t

WOD: 20 minutes play

agent81 Guest

08/09/09 Day Seven

weight 274

NOTE: managed to eat the right stuff through a 3 day road trip with 16+ hours on the road. also learned how many carbs are in a fruit cup and nearly pooped my pants.

S: coffee black

B: scrambled eggs 4 sausage links mixed fruit = big ass breakfast

L: fruit cup

D: chicken caesar salad

WOD: and on the seventh day, the homeboy he did rest

agent81 Guest

08/10/09 Day Eight

NOTE: not enough protein over the weekend, my body is demanding more!

B: 2 egg omelette with green peppers and onions

L: 12 oz sirloin veggie side unsweetened iced t

D: protein shake

WOD: 30 minute circuit training

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast