Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 96 days until my wedding day AND I'm a Vegan - can Primal work for me? page 4

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    30 bananas a day? Jk! Try traditionally prepared corn tortillas (lime treated) and pinto beans. Go for organic, the best quality you can afford. Beans must be soaked for 24 hours, maybe look into sprouting though I don't know a whole lot about that. What I do know is that tortillas and beans are a complete protein. Not low carb or traditional paleo, but better than soy and wheat.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    As for the OP
    Either a fool or just another troll,
    think about it,
    Did this really need to be said?

OP has already stated their moral/ethical/dietary restrictions.

Either be helpful or GTFO.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Are you suggesting realistically that one can do Paleo/Primal and be completely Vegan or do you believe you can convert OP?

I don't think either is possible, hence I also wrote this:
    If you are genuine, then congrats, go seek out a vegan site for advice and have a happy life,
    I genuinely believe the OP will get far better Vegan nutritional advice from other Vegans if they want to maintain current dietary restrictions,

I don't have any problem with others and their beliefs, no one really knows what final truth is, all they have is their belief stream and that's ok, each to their own.

But there is a limit to the credibility of some of the suggestions that are sometimes put forward in posts here.
    What further value can the OP gain here, whilst maintaining their personal convictions, maybe there is an angle I'm missing, always looking for further enlightenment, my views aren't set in concrete, still learning.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    No, I don't think that a vegan can eat healthily in a primal way.

I agree with you that they will probably get better advice from vegans.

Eh, it just violated my 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all' heuristic.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Omni is offline Senior Member
    I could have expressed myself a bit more gently, I agree,
    sometimes I forget to fire a warning shot.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellodee View Post
    You're vegan and the people here trying to talk you into changing that are a little misguided in their ways, but their hearts are in the right place. The thing about primal is that it's based around healthy protein sources, with this being entirely meat and eggs. And many of the posters here get a little worked up over the labels like "paleo" and "primal". We can avoid this by trying to stay away from such words when talking about our diets. So what you'd be asking here is, "I'm vegan; how can I eat as healthfully as possible and maybe lose some weight?"

You'll still get some people jumping down your throat, but it's only because they're all so passionate about food and health! We should be understanding of them, and it's great to see that you took it so well.

Don't listen to anyone when they tell you to leave the site and find a vegan place. I mean check out the vegan places too, but this place is full of information and you shouldn't pass it up as a resource because you're told you don't fit in. Good luck with your diet. I can try to help some more if you questions but I'm one of the least knowledgeable people here. Oh, and...

CONGRATS ON THE MARRIAGE!!! xD
    Thank you for condescending to apologize in advance for all of us, Nellodee. We're usually good little children who use our words, but the new student might need a kindergarten teacher to interpret our words for her, and teach her how to feel comfortable at recess?

The Internet is a massive place with plenty of nutritional planning for Hindu brides w/ restricted diets wanting to slim down before the wedding. This may not be the best place to seek consolidated knowledge on vegan weight loss. But good luck with the marriage!!

Nellodee is offline Senior Member
    I take a bit of offense to this
    Quote Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
    Thank you for condescending to apologize in advance for all of us, Nellodee. We're usually good little children who use our words, but the new student might need a kindergarten teacher to interpret our words for her, and teach her how to feel comfortable at recess?
    Sorry friends, I'm not the best with words and could have chosen mine better. Sometimes though in these vegan/vegetarian threads the community comes across as a little unwelcoming. And I think he's been scared off

(Sanjay is exclusively a male name, right?)
    token vegetarian

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Sanjay is male.

M.

Zanna is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitmom View Post

The Internet is a massive place with plenty of nutritional planning for Hindu brides w/ restricted diets wanting to slim down before the wedding. This may not be the best place to seek consolidated knowledge on vegan weight loss. But good luck with the marriage!!
    Thanks for saying this, that's the exact response I had. Very condescending, ie love the sinner, hate the sin!

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellodee View Post
    Sorry friends, I'm not the best with words and could have chosen mine better. Sometimes though in these vegan/vegetarian threads the community comes across as a little unwelcoming. And I think he's been scared off

(Sanjay is exclusively a male name, right?)
    I think, given the logical contradictions inherent in the requests to somehow ameliorate the misalignment of vegan tenets and paleo/primal basics, the community does a pretty good job of offering reasonable suggestions. We, for the most part, subscribe to eating for optimal health and consider animal welfare an important part of the process without assigning fanciful notions of equality to animal life (as identical to human life). That is pretty incongruous with the 'ethical' reasons for avoiding animal products that are central to these threads.

Seriously, try doing the inverse of this post over at 30bad and see what you get...
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast