Thread: Journal for Steak and Eggs/Journey to the Wedding Dress! page

jilly is offline Senior Member

Journal for Steak and Eggs/Journey to the Wedding Dress!

Hello friends! Today I am going to begin a 4 week experiment to see if the Steak and Eggs diet will get me lean and mean. I got my body fat tested in a hydrostatic tank on Saturday and these are my results:

total weight: 136.6 lbs (although this morning I was up to 138.2, have some water weight going on)
    lean body mass: 99.9 lbs
    fat weight: 36.6 lbs
    body fat percentage: 26.8%
    I am 5' 5.5'', 26 y/o, female

I am going to measure inches and post those too, as well as "before" pics. My main goal is to get lean for my wedding day, Oct. 4th of this year. So yesterday marked exactly 5 months, but I need to get to my goal of 20% BF in probably 3 and a half months so I can get my dress altered correctly and not have to be having it changed a week before the big day.

I've recently moved into a house and lost my apartment gym, so I got a 160 lb weight set and a bench from Academy and the future husband will be setting it up for me soon.

The plan is to do a full body workout 3X/week, I read on Mark's post about gaining muscle that he suggests squats every session, plus a pushing and a pulling exercise. So I'm going to try and stick to that and see how it goes. I'll also do sprints 2x/week, and then have 2 full rest days. As far as the diet, just the steak and eggs twice a day, with butter, and I have a cup of coffee with stevia and cream in the morning. Lots of water. One day a week of low-fat, high carb refeed, probably lots of sushi, sweet potatoes, fruit, wine

Will post my "before" pics and "before" measurements soon!

ampespidi is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to see how this turns out for you. This Steak and Eggs diet might be something I have to try down the road. Exciting! Best of luck!

If something's chasing you for more than a mile, you'd better start thinking of another plan.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106774.html

Quote Originally Posted by ampespidi View Post
    I can't wait to see how this turns out for you. This Steak and Eggs diet might be something I have to try down the road. Exciting! Best of luck!
    Thanks so much! I can't wait to see how it turns out either.

Ok, here are my "before" measurements I took today.

Right Thigh: 24''
    Left Thigh: 23'' (weird that it's different lol)
    Hips: 39.5''
    Waist: 28''
    Bust: 36''
    Right Arm: 10''
    Left Arm: 10''

Goal is 20% BF, down from 26.8%.

Yesterday worked out, didn't really do anything crazy, just wanted to do kind of a warm up day and get back into the groove of things. But OMG am I sore lol did a few sets of squats, about 8 reps each. Did 3 sets of 12 on the bench press, and did a few shoulder press sets. So nothing crazy, but holy cow, everything is crying. I'm glad I didn't overdo it! Was really hoping to do some sprints today but we will see if I feel up to it later. Might just take today as a rest.

Lunch today was 2 eggs scrambled in butter and 2 ground meat patties cooked on the grill. I can't afford to go all out with steak for every meal so it's a Steak-ish and Eggs diet lol will sometimes have steak, but will probably be mostly ground meat and maybe some chuck roasts in the crockpot. Might post pics if I find my camera cord lol

ampespidi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How is this going for you?

If something's chasing you for more than a mile, you'd better start thinking of another plan.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106774.html