Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chlorophyll? page

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member

Chlorophyll?

Primal Fuel
    What the crap? This dude I know has been toting around a gigantic jug of green liquid everywhere. Someone asked him about it, and he said it was chlorophyll drink, and launched into talking about pH, and some healer or someone online, and blah blah I pretty much zoned out.

But now I'm up too early and am wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I've already dismissed it as weirdo hippie woo woo, and am not going to research it at all, but for my amusement I want to hear thoughts from others.

Sent via lightsaber

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    I read a while back that it was potentially a good prebiotic (promoting a good gut flora). Well, actually, I remember now it had more to do with getting rid of carcinogen stuff. C. helps a lot in that.

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Worth researching: wild greens, biophotons, Ann Wigmore. I believe that huge downloads of chlorophyll (taken as green juice) 'cured' my chronic fatigue four years ago (n=1) Maybe the chlorophyll molecule itself, or other benefits from taking in large/concentrated amounts of greens.

If you are logically/rationally minded, then some of the theory may indeed be 'woo woo' as you say.This for example may seem like total nonsense; or blow your mind lol.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Dang it Neck, you beat me to it!
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Somehow I assumed any Youtube link would be to this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZ-IxZ46ng

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I think it's another accidental correlation. People who were ingesting lots of chlorophyll AKA vegetables were healthier, so salesmen got to point to that and say, "Hey, just drink our slurry and you can skip the veggies!". It's mostly snake oil, but, because it is usually extracted from nutrient-dense plant and algae, it does end up being good for you. Probably not as good as actual food, but better then nothing green at all.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Depends. Was it real or manufactured chlorophyll? Very different stuff. The real stuff has a magnesium atom in the center of it. This is what makes green veggies a good source of magnesium at least relatively.

Synthetic lab-made chlorophyll is made with a copper atom at the center of it.

So... For the modern magnesium deficient masses, REAL plant-based chlorophyll can be a Godsend.

But on the other hand, the only use I know of for lab-made chlorophyll is to help relive excessive gas and "internally deodorize" the body. But... Take too much and since copper is the atom holding it together you could get copper toxicity.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    Dang it Neck, you beat me to it!
    Bwahaha!!!

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was juicing wild greens principally - cleavers, nettles and dandelion. I do feel that this gives a superior nutrition to even organically farmed produce; and dried superfood powders eg barley grass, spirulina etc. B/c this stuff grows everywhere all around us; I feel it is given to us to support our health. Our ancestors would surely have used these plants and appreciated them. They are used widely in contemporary herbalism, which is our surviving indigenous medicine system.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast