Thread: The Great British Pizza Coompany page

breadsauce is offline Senior Member

The Great British Pizza Coompany

Shop Now
    I've just read a review of the GBPizza Company in todays Telegraph

Great British Pizza Company, Margate, restaurant review - Telegraph

It claims that the gluten free pizza base is as good as OR BETTER than the regular, and they are the best pizzas which the reviewer has tried.

Has anyone in the UK here eaten at this restaurant? I want to try the GF pizza and see what I think! I want the recipe! Here's the site

http://greatbritishpizza.com

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    That place looks fantastic! I wish I could go there! I'd love to know how they make their GF dough.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a quirky, fun caff.

As a Brit and former pizza-phile; I'm waiting for the day when we see meatza on the menu
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I would need to see an ingredients list before I trusted "gluten-free" baked goods. The only thing that they leave out is wheat gluten.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I would need to see an ingredients list before I trusted "gluten-free" baked goods. The only thing that they leave out is wheat gluten.
    There's an ingredients list on their site. Not only is there no wheat gluten, there is no wheat. I'd happily eat that list of ingredients, but obviously not on a daily basis.

"Made with organic wholemeal rice flour, organic cornflour, organic rice flour, yeast, organic raw cane sugar and sea salt, we will be offering a gluten-free pizza every day – but we do ask that you pre-order your base (24 hours in advance, as the dough needs to rest) and that we have to apply a surcharge of 1 for each gluten-free base."

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Gluten-free products must eliminate wheat gluten, therefore it contains no wheat. Most gluten-free products also contain cornstarch (known as corn flour in England), potato starch, oats, and/or xanthan gum, none of which I can have. Kind of inconvenient, but my homemade pizza is safe.