Thread: Singapore fried noodles

Singapore fried noodles

Shop Now
    I had some of these last night in my favourite Chinese restaurant - having been assured that the noodles were made of rice and there was no wheat in the recipe. Divine! So I have been looking on line and have found this

How to make perfect Singapore noodles | Life and style | The Guardian

which I shall be making over the weekend. Has anyone a favourite recipe for this that they have made and can recommend?

Even though the article says that "Singapore noodles" are a Cantonese dish, you can and should get very good noodles in Singapore. I was there in January, and, even though they were wheat, I got the noodles in beef broth with sliced beef rib meat.

YUM.

If you are going to have noodles once in a while, have the best in the world.

Singapore Fried Noodles sounds like an Asian rip-off of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    The Champagne of Beards

I've made them many times, although not recently. I usually just wing it but when I use Madras Curry Powder (SunBrand), I find it tastes just like the versions of the dish I would get in San Francisco. So curry powder and lots of oil (coconut or other fat) with a mix of proteins including some egg.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Singapore Fried Noodles sounds like an Asian rip-off of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    No rip-off required; I've heard KFC is very popular in China.

M.