Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Another) reason to cook your vegetables? page 2

gdot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I eat tons of fruits for carbs. 300-400g of carbs from them daily right now. I just don't think the focus on veggies should be about micro nutrients.
    Oh - I know you eat your veggies! You are the QUEEN of veggies and fruits!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Eat your veggies, raw AND cooked - and some fruits too! If you are eating lots of meats and other stuff that produces acids in the body, then you'll need more veggies to balance it...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    Oh - I know you eat your veggies! You are the QUEEN of veggies and fruits!
    Maybe queen of fruit...not sure about veggies. I only eat them occasionally for flavor/crunch (tomato sauce, basil, garlic, other herbs/spices, raw carrot a day for peat purposes, cucumbers b/c they are tasty)

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Eat your veggies, raw AND cooked - and some fruits too! If you are eating lots of meats and other stuff that produces acids in the body, then you'll need more veggies to balance it...

Are you referring to the pH diet? I never know if that's truth or just...bs. I'm on the fence. Do you have meritorious studies on it?

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Are you referring to the pH diet? I never know if that's truth or just...bs. I'm on the fence. Do you have meritorious studies on it?
    I always thought this was kind of mainstream knowledge and that it is backed up by rock hard science, but to be honest I have never checked the studies though! This was around already in the early eighties, that food like meat and corn make your body acidic, but vegetables helps to balance the PH, so I have always kept that on my mind! Maybe somebody should look it up…
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

gdot is online now Senior Member
    Yep - there are even all kinds of theories out there about 'layering' your food intake based on the possible alkaline/acid balances created and which benefits one can derive from these combinations.

I've never looked too deeply into it - I just know .........VEGGIE GOOD! EAT 'EM UP!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    The Globe and Mail is British, once removed. Never, ever, ever take culinary advice from the British. Especially regarding cooked vegetables

I found an article about the acid/alcaline diet, but as I mentioned above its an old theory that has been around at least for thirty years or more; How too much cheese and meat can make your body dangerously acidic | Mail Online

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    The Globe and Mail is British, once removed. Never, ever, ever take culinary advice from the British. Especially regarding cooked vegetables
    Hahahha thanks for the warning!

I pretty sure variety is the way to go. No scientific backing, but some vegetables just taste aweful raw. Or are so fibrous you can't get to the nutrients anyway. There's definitely a point of overcooked though.

I have always been fairly suspicious of the PH diet. Even when I was vegan I though it sounded quacky. Maybe similar the the GI diet; true on paper but not the complete story.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    You have a problem with our SUPERB British cuisine? Our wide range of organic veg, our free range, organic meat? Free range chickens producing the best eggs EVER?
    Last edited by breadsauce; 05-02-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast