Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer and sugar page 3

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm doing a lot of medical research right now, and I really need the wild caught fish or grass fed beef industry to pay for my fellowship in evolutionary medicine.

maba is offline Senior Member
    I just saw an update on CNN that said: Sugar, not just salt, linked to hypertension.

This is old news but good to see it on a mainstream news channel.

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    When selecting a sunscreen, IMHO, and based on my own research, select one that does NOT have retinal of any sort in it.

It's a buzz word for anti aging. However, more and more studies are coming out that any form of it should not be a day time product (should be night time only)...

And unfortunately, cosmetic companies jump on the band wagon of consumerism and add it to promote sales. I suspect in the next 10 years we will be hearing about the overabundance of skin damage done with product that reacts to UV.

And for me it's a personal preference to only use physical sun block as opposed to chemical. Which I find I react to via a rash in the sun. Something about burning chemicals into my skin that seems like a bad idea. And I don't care about FDA approval. They approve a lot of horrifying crap.

Cristy is offline Junior Member
    totally agree- fda approval is worthless

zorba is offline Member
    Dr. Gundry (at his seminar and he mentions it in his book) has also stated that cancer cells feast off of the sugar in people's bodies. He has helped people rid themselves of skin cancer based on dietary changes (eliminating grains).

Re: sunscreen: I asked him specifically about sunscreen and he pretty much stated that if you have the right amount of vitamins and minerals, your body will synthesis it's own sun protection. A large % of skin cancer appears on non-sun exposed areas thus lending more truth to the OP's statement.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    Read this:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-I-Cured-...-At-The-Movies

This guy has the cure for cancer. I know it seems hard to believe, but I've read testimonials from several people on his website that have been cured. It's a free recipe.
    SAQ: I have to be a little skeptical of this guy's claims. To start with, he observed red patches on his skin, which might have been some other problem entirely. To diagnose yourself at home with a pregnancy kit seems a little bit sketchy, as well. When the red patches went away, he assumed he was "cured"; but as he wasn't properly diagnosed initially, there's really no way to be sure of that, either.

I really don't think it would hurt you to eat peppers, garlic and all the other stuff (except the bread); but I really do believe that doctors and medical knowledge have their place. It would really be a tragedy if somebody upon reading this article delayed medical treatment that might have been helpful for them

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    SAQ: I have to be a little skeptical of this guy's claims. To start with, he observed red patches on his skin, which might have been some other problem entirely. To diagnose yourself at home with a pregnancy kit seems a little bit sketchy, as well. When the red patches went away, he assumed he was "cured"; but as he wasn't properly diagnosed initially, there's really no way to be sure of that, either.

I really don't think it would hurt you to eat peppers, garlic and all the other stuff (except the bread); but I really do believe that doctors and medical knowledge have their place. It would really be a tragedy if somebody upon reading this article delayed medical treatment that might have been helpful for them
    Did you read the testimonials from the numerous other people who have been cured though? There is no cure for cancer.. that comes from the pharmaceutical companies. All I know is that no Doctor has ever been able to help me. Most of what I've been told about my health issues has been wrong. Kelley has helped me with something that nobody else could.
    Last edited by StoneAgeQueen; 07-04-2010 at 04:41 AM.

hutax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Because it won't make anyone any money if it gets out?
    +2

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    I'm doing a lot of medical research right now, and I really need the wild caught fish or grass fed beef industry to pay for my fellowship in evolutionary medicine.
    Need a research assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by maba View Post
    John Yudkin studied the link between sugar consumption and degenaritive diseases way back. But it was Ancel Keys' lipid hypothesis based on shoddy research that came to be taken seriously. Reducing sugar consumption as a cure has no money but cholesterol-lowering drugs do.

His book Pure, White and Deadly unfortunately is unavailable now.
    I just found I can get that book through my uni. Cheers for this.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristy View Post
    russ,
    i had a melanoma a few years ago as well- i'm only 30. pretty scary.
    Yea . . its pretty scarry stuff, i was 21 and a junior in college, luckly it was all removed surgically, but i've removed various pre-cancer legions since then . . It gives me a certain amount of paranoia about the sun. For instance, when driving if i can feel the sun on my arm i move my arm into the shade. It's like i can feel the burning . . .

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I'm torn on the sunscreen thing too Cristy. Possibly skin cancer is caused by not getting enough sun the whole year round and then suddenly getting too much of it? Maybe something to do with Vitamin D deficiency?
    Well this is just anecdotal, but i grew up in the Florida keys, i got sun all the time, all of my summer jobs were outdoors, my father is a charter boat captain and we were out on the water all the time. I doubt i was ever deficient in sun. I did however get very bad sunburns from time to time (boils on the skin etc) Also, my malignancy was in the area that i got my boils (shoulder / back)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast