Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Is Not Bad For You! Anti-Sugar is the new Anti-Fat page 2

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    Refined sugars - BAD
    Naturally occurring sugars in whole foods - GOOD

And proportion of intake matters.
    Dude, this should have been your original post!!
    I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

God
    God is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    Refined sugars - BAD
    Naturally occurring sugars in whole foods - GOOD
    Why? Why do you think this? This hate for anything "refined" is nonsense too in my mind.

The only advantage naturally occuring sugars such as fruit have is they're often paired with micronutrients.

As long as you're eating healthy food in ADDITION to refined sugar you don't need to stress out about micronutrients.

Hell, this obsession with only eating food that has lots of micronutrients is a bit ridiculous. Yes, micronutrients are good of course but if you are basing your diet on meat, fruit and vegetables then you can afford to indulge in refined sugar.

You have to realize, many people base their diets on absolute shit. Like, they eat muffins for breakfast. These people don't just need to limit their sugar intake, their diet needs a complete fuckin overhaul!

My point is that for people who eat an otherwise healthy diet (aka paleo) - refined sugar is fine. Hell, even MARK has sugar in his coffee.

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    ...hmmm, you must be bored. You get a day off of high school today OP?!?...hebs

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    My point is that for people who eat an otherwise healthy diet (aka paleo) - refined sugar is fine. Hell, even MARK has sugar in his coffee.

so why come here and yell about it?

Timthetaco Guest
    The only advantage naturally occuring sugars such as fruit have is they're often paired with micronutrients
    And antioxidants. Eating in general is an inflammatory process, and eating plain macronutrients without phytochemicals and antioxidants will cause more inflammation and oxidative damage than otherwise. That's not to say a teaspoon in your coffee will kill you, but the less refined food is, the healthier it is. That's one of the few areas I agree with Robert Lustig.

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    Who the hell is saying otherwise? Everyone here works out their own 80/20 guidelines.
    I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    You are barking up the wrong tree...
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Sugars in the “wrapping” as fruits have fibers to slow down the absorption but basically; it’s the total sugar overload that counts and refined sugar is “filler” in lots of food products and that’s a bad thing for sure! Personally I have replaced most of the refined sugars with artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame which seem healthy so far for me…
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    There are actually some logical arguments to be made for certain types of carbs.

You, however, make none of them. Your rant sucks.

You're like the Durianrider of sugar. Everytime someone thinks about going vegan they watch one of his goofy videos and decide its a really bad idea. If I ever get a sugar craving I'll just read your rant and surely go full blown keto for several more months.
    ^^+1
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lollll.

Didn't we just all decide the sugar debates were getting old? XD

I am laughing at neck's comment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast