Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help...Dealing with Stomach Pain... page

Viceologist is offline Junior Member

Please Help...Dealing with Stomach Pain...

Primal Fuel
    I posted a few weeks ago about having chest pains and went and got them checked out and there were no major issues with my heart or anything like that. Now I am having some pretty intense pain after I eat every meal. I am being tested for an ulcer, but have to wait a few days for the results.

I am looking for a good way to soothe my stomach until I get word back from the doctor, because the pain is making it so I can hardly focus at work. I have had people recommend Cola Syrup (which is not even close to being primal)...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thx in advance.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Hard to advise over the internet. You may be eating too much at one sitting or not eating enough. Might be a reaction to a specific food. Maybe you're drinking too much water. Maybe you have a pulled muscle.

General remedy that won't hurt to try: Chamomile tea, available pretty much everywhere. Try it by itself, and try a blend with peppermint, which has conflicting reports on whether it will make things better or worse.

I am pretty sure there is something systemic going on as the cause becasue my previous chest pains and now stomach pains lead me to believe they are related. So as far as the cause goes, the doctor is working on finding that out. I am just hoping for some temporary relief because I am so uncomfortable from the pain.

I will give the chamomille a try...anything is worth a shot at this point.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    This sounds very much like it might be gallstones or severe GERD Has that been investigated?

Either way, inthe meantime, I'd take digestive enzymes with every meal

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

dcrevenge is offline Junior Member
    Its GERD, thats how mine started and it has been getting worse.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    If it's an ulcer, people say that raw cabbage (or raw cabbage juice) sometimes helps.

Is it worse when you eat fat? Then it might be gall bladder.

You'd probably know it if were just gas. Spirit of peppermint, a few drops in a glass of water, helps that.

Good thing you're getting help with it, instead of depending on Internet advice.

Thanks for the responses...I know it is definitely not normal. Would the Primal style of eating have any impact on causing the gall bladder problems or GERD? I eat a lot of saturated fat and rarely, if ever, get over 50 grams of carbs a day.

I am just hoping something definitive comes back from the the lab tests so I can start feeling like a normal human being again.

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    This sounds very much like it might be gallstones or severe GERD Has that been investigated?

Either way, inthe meantime, I'd take digestive enzymes with every meal
    They are doing a test for several things...one is H. Pyloris, which is apparently some kind of bacteria or something that causes about 80 - 90% of all ulcers. Where do I find digestive enzymes at? Are they just called "digestive enzymes" in the store?...thx again.

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    I have dealt with stomach pain related to eating in the past. It can make you afraid to eat. If you can get ahold of a vegetable juicer, try taking a few days (like three) off of eating. Juice vegetables (tip: add a few grapes or an apple to any combination of vegetable juices to make it palatable) to give your digestion a rest. Then, when you start eating, start very very slowly. Bone broths, VERY well cooked veggies. See if it makes a difference.

invino77 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Fresh cabbage juiced from a juicer - take two a day for 2 weeks and your ulcer will be no more. Also, Birch Juice - WELEDA makes a version that is pure birch juice. I had similar problems. Cabbage and Birch juice and avoiding cheese and dairy have cleared it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast