Thread: is Intermittent Fasting on a High-Carb diet a good idea? page

FatIsAwesome is offline Member

Question is Intermittent Fasting on a High-Carb diet a good idea?

Primal Fuel
    Now, I IF anyway since I don't get out of bed til midday. (yay unemployment)

But eventually I'll have a job and will be required to get up at normal times. So I might start actually eating breakfast.

There's many benefits to IF but most people IF on a high-fat diet. I guess I'm wondering if it's still a good idea on high-carb.

When I say high-carb I mean ~200g/day. that's high for me.

Timthetaco Guest
    I don't see why not. The main health benefit of fasting stems from the simple fact that you're not eating all the time.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I have eaten relatively high carb for a while now (yay rice!) and kept up the IFing until dinner on a vast majority of days. Came out fine.

M.

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by FatIsAwesome View Post
    Now, I IF anyway since I don't get out of bed til midday. (yay unemployment)

But eventually I'll have a job and will be required to get up at normal times. So I might start actually eating breakfast.

There's many benefits to IF but most people IF on a high-fat diet. I guess I'm wondering if it's still a good idea on high-carb.

When I say high-carb I mean ~200g/day. that's high for me.
    Why not? You are metabolically adapted to converting both fats and carbs into energy (based on your lowish carb intake). You'll simply run on stored glycogen and some fat during the day and load up for tomorrow's needs in the evenings. I see no problem.