Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Insulin/stomach issues, Can barely eat a thing :( page 2

Timthetaco Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylscratch View Post
    WOW. Where to begin...

No starches. Again, those raise insulin more than anything. And yes, this is a bad thing: it puts an enormous amount of stress on my body, which I certainly don't need. It also stores the calories as fat and makes the next meat fattening rather than muscle-building.

Everything you just recommended is not Paleo, it is high glycemic, high sugar, insulin-spiking, fat-storing garbage. Hate to be so blunt but there it is.
    If you would prefer to be underweight and sick, that's your prerogative. I can't convince you that your health is more important than adhering to a dietary philosophy you read in a book/online once. And it's far beyond my motivation to re educate you on insulin and carbohydrate metabolism. Suffice it to say you don't have an insulin problem but a gut flora problem, and it seems very likely to me that Florastor could offer you some relief. It's the most effective probiotic I've ever taken. Like I said, I've been in a similar situation and thought I could offer some helpful advice.

If you don't want help, don't ask for it. If you want someone to tell you you're simply not low carbing hard enough, go to a low carb forum. All I can say at this point is go fuck yourself, and happy travels.

Sweet Leilani is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylscratch View Post
    WOW. Where to begin...

No starches. Again, those raise insulin more than anything. And yes, this is a bad thing: it puts an enormous amount of stress on my body, which I certainly don't need. It also stores the calories as fat and makes the next meat fattening rather than muscle-building.

Everything you just recommended is not Paleo, it is high glycemic, high sugar, insulin-spiking, fat-storing garbage. Hate to be so blunt but there it is.
    Question to any learned people browsing this post.. Can you build muscle without spiking insulin? Doesn't muscle building require insulin spikes to get the amino acids in there to be used for the building and repairing?
    I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

vinylscratch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Uh...if you're 80-85 lbs at 5'5", you need to gain weight, period. Emergency level. Trying to avoid gaining fat is dangerous in your scenario.

Sent via lightsaber
    It's true that I need to gain weight but I should add that my healthy weight is 100-110 lbs. I've always been skinny, my frame is very slender.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    All I can say at this point is go fuck yourself, and happy travels.
    LOL well thank you for your oh-so-useful advice. I'm sure the moderators will love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Leilani View Post
    Question to any learned people browsing this post.. Can you build muscle without spiking insulin? Doesn't muscle building require insulin spikes to get the amino acids in there to be used for the building and repairing?
    I can't say for sure if it works for everyone, but I know that I've done it. You don't build muscle overnight or even in a week. I've heard it takes months, and for me it always has. It took me about 6 months to pack on 5 lbs but I did it on a clean low-carb Paleo plan without feeling any uncomfortable insulin spikes.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Everypony else is right. Something is very wrong! Don't rely on us.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Uh...if you're 80-85 lbs at 5'5", you need to gain weight, period. Emergency level. Trying to avoid gaining fat is dangerous in your scenario.

Sent via lightsaber
    85-90, not 80-85

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    BUT the carbs raising insulin drives fat storage theory was totally wrong!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    I actually understand the frustration with doctors. Ive had that experience where i was underweight and a doctor tried to shove a rice krispy down my throat, and i dont even like them. It was wtf i would rather eat a cow why do i have to eat shit to gain weight feeling. I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting to eat paleo, but many of you symptoms might be from being underweight, and you have to try eating what you can to restore your bodys balance. You might feel like your getting insulin spikes bc your body is deprived of energy, and should stabilize the more you nourish your body.
    Exactly. People even kept telling me I needed carbs or I wouldn't gain any weight. Well bollocks to them, I gained 10 lbs on a pure animal protein, animal fat diet with just a few veggies at lunch and nuts for snacks. I gained the last five on purely meat and eggs with NO carbs. You can gain on anything if you are dedicated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    BUT the carbs raising insulin drives fat storage theory was totally wrong!
    Wrong for whom? I say it depends on the person and their tolerance to carbs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast