Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good article on Foster Farms chicken page

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Good article on Foster Farms chicken

Primal Fuel
    For those of you like myself who can't afford organic, free-range chicken, here's an article from this month's Costco Connection magazine that should make you feel better about buying Foster Farms chicken:

http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn...007?pg=27#pg25

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting this article. Makes me feel a little better about Foster Farms. I try to get The Ranger Chicken (free-range) when I can (and who really knows how "free-range" it is), but only two places locally carry it. I generally turn to Foster Farms as an alternative since it is grown in Washington or Oregon, I figure going local is better than cross country in a pinch. This definitely helps ease my mind a bit.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Even before reading, I am very skeptical of anything positive coming from Foster's Farms. Now I will read it.

Read it. Nice puff piece put together by a well paid PR department.

NO THANKS
    Last edited by Grol; 06-30-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: for video link

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    I can't speak for my company (i work at foster farms) My biggest problem is that they feed their chickens genetically modified corn and soy products, if you don't believe me email them http://www.fosterfarms.com/about/contact.asp and ask if they feed their chickens genetically modified organisms. I can't always afford organic either and i do on occasion still buy foster farms chicken they do have a good quality product but for the most part i try to find organic gmo free when i can. I will be emailing them further as a consumer asking if maybe they could start a gmo free line of products. And in the first paragraph of the article where they say they were expecting to see employees working in a mind-numbing processing factory type environment that was a complete lie, it is a mind numbing factory type environment it is a production facility and it is a downright lie to call it anything else. It is not your mom and pop butcher shop they try to portray in the article.

Of course it's not going to be the same as buying it from Farmer Joe down the road. Of course I'd rather eat chickens raised on totally natural feed. The point is, many of us can't afford to eat meat with those qualifications. So until some rich philanthropist dies and leaves me all his money, I'm happy to know that Foster Farms chickens aren't debeaked and wallowing around in feces.

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    It's a tough situation. As much as it's sad to see chickens raised in that way, it's pretty much necessary. If they weren't doing it, someone else would. The human demand for chicken, beef, and other meats is crazy. Can you imagine how much space would be required to be able to produce 1,000,000 free-range chickens per week?

Although, if people stopped eating grains, it would make much more farmspace to let the animals run free.

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Of course it's not going to be the same as buying it from Farmer Joe down the road. Of course I'd rather eat chickens raised on totally natural feed. The point is, many of us can't afford to eat meat with those qualifications. So until some rich philanthropist dies and leaves me all his money, I'm happy to know that Foster Farms chickens aren't debeaked and wallowing around in feces.
    you should see the big ol scabs they have on their feet and butts FROM wallowing around in feces it's not pretty. just cause you don't see it in the foster farms tray foster farms packs it under another label that is convenietly affordable.

So, are you telling me that the person who took the tour was led through a FAKE facility made specifically to lie to Costco?

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
    If they weren't doing it, someone else would.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally. Sad attitude.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    So, are you telling me that the person who took the tour was led through a FAKE facility made specifically to lie to Costco?
    Watch the video I linked to with a NO THANKS, a couple posts up. You can see them wallowing in feces with terrible sores. I hate to say this, but the piles of Fosters Farmers chickens squished into those watery bags in my grocery make me a little ill in the stomach.

I gave up chicken last month because the free range here is 8-9 bucks a pound. Yet, I just picked up 2 pounds of wild salmon for 10 bucks. I eat shrimp, scallops, cod, mahi mahi, flounder, sea bass, rock fish, etc. all for less than the free range chicken. I get the benefits of high omega threes and I lose the inflammatory issues of high omega sixes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast