Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just too funny, and then what follows is just sad page

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member

This is just too funny, and then what follows is just sad

Primal Fuel
    A slideshow extolling high carb diets with some mystery element called "Resistant Starch" and then an anti low carb slideshow as well:

http://www.health.com/health/gallery...359383,00.html

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    wow.....just....wow. I've never seen so much misinformation packed into one place...ever. The low carb hating was the best.

edit: Lol, the comments restored some of my faith in humanity. Looks like some people don't fall for the BS.

maba is offline Senior Member
    WOW!!! I wonder if the author of that article was paid by the US Grains Council or some other carb lobby!

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    Make sure to check out the comments. They're gold.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Man, they have a plethora of these terrible slideshows. Here is one on magical fat burning resistant starches: http://www.health.com/health/gallery...361484,00.html

Assuming 'resistant starch' is fiber.....so now instead of looking at anything else on the label are people going to go "well, it has my resistant starch, I see no problem eating this doughnut, or 10"

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    first time i've heard of "resistant starch", they talk about combining brown rice with beans (which makes a complete protein). I like how the pictures they use with their points contradict the points they're trying to make.... carbs fill you up, picture of a person with some meat on their fork. low carbs make you binge, person stuffing their face with potato chips.

as for the constipation point, i've found that it's only when i'm not eating enough fat that i have any issues. it's a very easy and obvious way for my body to tell me the balance isn't right.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    I replied to it. I had more fun w/ the comments than the article. The article made me sick. Eating the way they pimped MADE me sick, for too many years to count. I hope the author of that book gets NO royalties from it. WTF.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    Why is it then that all the people i see eating grain and bean heavy foods are hungry every two hrs? they must not be eating enough bread and beans with that websites BS to fill them up enough. i can go 24 hrs without barely even a stomach grumble thanks to low carb eating, i would have completely lost faith in humanity had i not read the comments on that article that was the only good part about it. My favorite pic was the women looking just completely nourished and satisfied from that dry piece of bread.

reddhedd is offline Member
    Notice the slide with the guy and pets staring into a refrigerator? The only visible item is beer....

So I read every comment...I counted 1 person who insisted that every other commenter was wrong. HE eats carbs daily, and isn't fat...must mean that he's right, and 40+ others (plus tons of research) are all mistaken. Sheesh!
    Last edited by reddhedd; 06-30-2010 at 12:36 PM.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    The grain industry is utterly scared to death of low carb diets and primal diets.

I've been trying to gain weight recently and let me tell you, it is incredibly, incredibly, very hard to do without eating a lot of carbs. I literally have to chug a gallon of milk a day, lol. Carbs make you gain weight, or in my case, HELP you gain weight!!
    Last edited by BlazeKING; 06-30-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast