Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Food additives complaint

Food additives complaint

Shop Now
    I learned several years ago that petroleum-based food additives set off my Tourette Syndrome, mainly the facial tics. These are annoying, so I avoid those additives. Recently I have been trying to eliminate dairy, and doing gluten along with it just to be thorough.

Today I looked up milk-derived food additives, and got distracted looking up specific additives in certain supplements I take regularly. I take salt tablets to help my neurally mediated syncope, so I looked up the ingredients.

What should happen to be in my salt tablets? Crospovidone. This is some kind of polymer. I can't find the source on the internet, but I bet it is petroleum. They also contain corn products. And then I found out that B-vitamins can be made from petroleum, too. So this might be why I have had some reisdual tics despite eliminating every petroleum additive I knew about.

Does anyone here know about crospovidone or B vitamins? I would like better information than internet rumor mongering, but I don't have time right now to do a serious search.

Liver and eggs and oysters covers your b vitamins. Burn those pills. What's wrong with normal salt?
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

A pharmacist might be able to give you more information. Maybe the/she can help you find supps without the problem ingredients...not sure if they can help with supps, but seems worth a try.

What's wrong with regular salt? The amount I need to maintain normal blood flow to my brain. I really don't want to put 2g of salt on my food each day, and swallowing whole spoonfuls is nasty.

Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

crospovidone is Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone

I thought salt pills burnt ulcers into the stomach. Not true?
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Shop Now
    No ulcers here. I have never heard of that. But then the ones I have been taking also have some potassium. Maybe that helps?