Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Paleo not hipster enough anymore. page 6

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post

My boyfriend gets sooo frustrated with men that aren't "men", as he would put it. We get a lot of "city folk" in our area to hunt. They have their weekend beards, brand new hunting clothes/boots/guns/trucks and all ready for their big weeeknd of hunting. They go out to find their rifle needs sighting. So, they come into the sporting good/outdoor store to get it done. A few times my bf has tried to help them out and explain how to do it. They get this look of amazement on their face like they had no idea it was something you could do on your own. After listening to him, they will still turn to the guy working in store and ask how quickly it can be done.
    Wait...people want to outsource sighting in their own rifles??? This is sending me into a rage.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Wait...people want to outsource sighting in their own rifles??? This is sending me into a rage.
    Sadly, the standards of being a man have dropped off drastically. I don't even think you need a penis anymore
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    Well, I guess Paleo is technically a "diet" that has gone in and out of popularity for, oh, about a few thousand years. haha. I'm sure it will fade in and out for another few.
    Last edited by Cavedude; 05-02-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: forgot a letter :)
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Giving your guns to another man to sight them in is like giving them your girlfriend for similar "functionality training"....

I get a really big kick out of the people that flood my area every fall, both for the foliage as well as to hunt. It's as if they have never seen actual countryside before, or actual humans that know how to live in it.

"Oh my God, it's so pretty here right now."
    -- No, it is pretty here all the time. It's called wilderness. It is beautiful by default. That's like saying that Adriana Lima is only hot when she is in certain clothes. No, it is intrinsic.
    "I have this new deer rifle that is effective from 1.2 miles. It has a scope that was made by an Austrian lens maker by hand. I have $600 dollars in camo on, plus I bathed in deer piss all last week."
    -- This isn't Greenland dipshit. You aren't seeing a deer from more than about 50 yards, because we have these things called trees and mountains. Get a muzzleloader with a slot sight from about 1850, put a ball in there the size of a grapefruit, and then put your shoulder pad in....and if you need piss to kill a deer, that is because you don't understand the concept of "downwind". Go home.
    "Your truck is really dirty" (Got this one at my general store last fall from this pencil-neck guy with a shiny new massive Tahoe, NY plates)
    -- That is because here we actually need them for something other than penis compensation devices. No one keeps their truck clean here, ever. It would be like taking a shower right before you go into a tug of war in the mud. Most people don't even have a NEW truck, because it will immediately get beaten to hell and look old....if your truck has ever seen polish, you don't need a truck. Get a Miata or something.

NOTR is probably right. The threshold is pretty damn low, to the point that it feels like people from certain places are weirded out by men with actual, authentic masculinity....but the SO tells me its actually worse for women, where it is apparently a social crime to have some independence or be comfortable in your sexuality.

Will be on lookout for the four horsemen.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Giving your guns to another man to sight them in is like giving them your girlfriend for similar "functionality training"....

Laz, this made me laugh. Middle daughter would site your rifle in as well as any man!
    ........and she would gut the deer, carry it 20 miles out - on her back, then change into the most gorgeous evening outfit. Shes a bit of a Danielle Boone!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    We get a lot of "city folk" in our area to hunt. They have their weekend beards, brand new hunting clothes/boots/guns/trucks and all ready for their big weeeknd of hunting.
    opening weekend duck season here! no need to say more LOL

and she would gut the deer, carry it 20 miles out - on her back
    i kitset mine to get them up hills as for some reason they always fall down a gully when i shoot them. the effect of gravity! if i am not close to the vehicle, i cut off the backstraps, cut off the legs, slice them open gently and get the fillets and the organs and take the head too if i want the antlers. then do probably a trip up the hill for each leg and one for the head and misc parts. it usually takes way longer to get the deer out than to shoot it. if i am near the vehicle, i just do the gut, behead and toss the whole deer on the back of the truck.

i usually have to borrow a deer rifle but we will sight guns in in the backyard or go out the back of the farm by the beach.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    sorry Seaweed, I was remiss in not mentioning that you also would site, hunt, shoot, gut, carry the thing out, and still look amazing at the aftermatch function !!!!!!!! Better than any man !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ekba09 is offline Member
    So I don't hunt, and don't even own a gun. And I don't have a beard. But I still consider myself somewhat manly, and very non-hipster ( I am not skinny, so neither are my jeans).

I can feed a crowd with blue crabs armed only with a piece of eel on a length of string, a large pot on a fire, one can of beer and some Old Bay.

Not sure what my point is, but all the women-folk hunting in bikinis talk got me remembering that when I was in college in North Carolina there was a late night TV show called "The Southern Sportsman", and he ended each show with the tagline "Do yourself a favor, take a girl fishing". I have tried to take his advice to heart since then, and it has served me well.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Scopes?! Pfah. My Nagant is pure iron. Damn thing sights out to 2000 meters.

M.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Sadly, the standards of being a man have dropped off drastically. I don't even think you need a penis anymore
    Lol...+10000

I fear for the cihildren!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast