Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lo qué será Journal page

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member

Lo qué será Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A journal for random thoughts/ experiments.

Been experimenting lately with a few things and wanted to write down my thoughts. I know your only supposed to do one experiment at a time but real science is for losers

Experiment 1: Been dong body weight (PBF) rather than lifting heavy about three months ago.This isn't an experiment I wanted to start but Was forced on me due to some wrist pain that only hurts when I hold my wrist a certain way. I can avoid it by not doing certain movements until I can get to a doc. What I found though was that my body comp has improved, which makes me happy because now I feel less stressed about leaving my gym while traveling this summer.

Experiment 2: Eating less. Started this about a month ago. I found that stopping before I even feel satisfied, I become satisfied a few minutes after I stop eating. I get hungry more often (I would sometimes skip breakfast or lunch before but now I never do). Overall I think I eat less, at least I look leaner.

Experiment 3: Moar carbs. I have started eating more fruits and tubers in the last two weeks. Not seeing any negatives, but I think my skin looks better. Almost glow-y? It might be in my head.

Experiment 4: Three weeks ago started making an effort to sprint once a week. Overdue for mine this week. I like it now though; first time I tried sprinting I hated it and was like "Yup, never doing that again". Now I think I'll keep it up though because I actually found myself feeling really energized in the days that came after.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

eig
    Had a berries and spinach smoothie with an egg dropped in for breakfast, then some salmon nigiri and a fruit salad for lunch (I was out and had limited choices). It was delicious but I was starving a few hours later, I never usually snack but I ate a handful of pork rinds that my friend had that were not 100% paleo and a cube of old cheddar. Dinner was awesome paleo goodness again; hamburger bowl.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Berries, spinach and egg are the base for a great smoothie! Do you do frozen spinach and berries? I have been using frozen and it's like dessert! Yum! I also do add ins like gelatin, co, coconut flakes, raw cacao, frozen plantain, water kefir, a little coffee.....usually a mix of a few of these, whatever I have on hand
    Yum!
    Your salmon lunch sounds good. Note to self: MOAR salmon
    J

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

eig
    The berries I use are wild frozen berries, it was a delicious smoothie actually. I have been trying out eating more fruit lately and I just love smoothies. This and 2 slices pineapple + coconut flakes and spinach/kale are my favorites :-) I don't mind salmon of course, I love it! I just thought fruit salad + fruit for breakfast may have been on the a little much side of trying to include more fruit, throw some rice into the mix and I had a rather low protein day even with the egg and fish haha!
    Last edited by eig; 04-29-2014 at 05:31 PM.

eig
    Is this paleo? Probably not- especially for its size. Booze is probably my biggest vice. That and stress

Last edited by eig; 04-29-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Grrr app

eig
    My god I feel like I just lost some weight. Did a final presentation and the teacher loved it. Ate some good stuff today, Berry spinach smoothie, shrimp, salad, hamburger, snacked on a little bit of semi processed meat, didn't have weird things, just processed though. Overall- awesome day.
    Last edited by eig; 05-01-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: just noticed I cant spell

LindyCG is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Is this paleo? Probably not- especially for its size. Booze is probably my biggest vice. That and stress

I don't know if that cider is primal/paleo but it's delicious! I have a bottle if it every couple weeks. Also, I don't see why it wouldn't be - I'm pretty sure the main ingredient is apples and there aren't many other things on the label.

eig
    I totally love the stuff too; I used to drink a beer every couple of weeks or so but I decided it was time to give that up a little while ago (R.I.P. Guinness) and this has become my favorite. I tried several kinds, this one is the best one hands down. Its half as sweet as the others and tastes more like a beer than a soda. I hate it when ciders taste like apple Fanta. I thought Mark said only red wine was primal? I cant remember because I was always like- yup really don't care, not giving up my booze- until recently.

LindyCG is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    I totally love the stuff too; I used to drink a beer every couple of weeks or so but I decided it was time to give that up a little while ago (R.I.P. Guinness) and this has become my favorite. I tried several kinds, this one is the best one hands down. Its half as sweet as the others and tastes more like a beer than a soda. I hate it when ciders taste like apple Fanta. I thought Mark said only red wine was primal? I cant remember because I was always like- yup really don't care, not giving up my booze- until recently.
    I sampled a bunch too and this was also my favorite - I agree, so many of the others are way too sweet. Thistly Cross is also pretty good for the crispness, but it's sweeter than Samuel smith's. I tried angry orchard green apple cider somewhere a month or two ago, and it wasn't bad either.

Yeah, I kind of glossed over whatever Mark said about booze, even though I'm sure he's right about it. I knew I needed to cut back in general, so I figure it's in my 20% and as long as I don't drink it too often it's not a big deal. Plus I figured at least apple cider is gluten free? Also I like white wine better than red even though it's pretty much devoid of nutritional value, so I don't really want to give it up either.

eig
    Yeah, at least theres that; thats why I switched :-) I do love red wine too though...love it probably too much haha.

Ate a nice big lamb chop for BF w/ huge pile of spinach. Cooked it in "primal fat" a 50/50 grass fed ghee coconut oil blend that I bought cause it was cheap. I like it, I'll probably continue to buy it. Went out last night with an old friend, ate a couple rolls of sushi, one tuna, one salmon. The salmon roll had generous chunks in it and I was a happy grokette. Been eating more carbs still and happily no weight gain yet :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast