Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    What is LSHAW?
    I was reading it as "lifting some heavy-ass weight"
    The Champagne of Beards

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    abs are made in the kitchen*
    *Assuming you lift to maintain muscle during a calorie deficit.

You're going to have to eat very cleanly to get and keep visible abs. The normal "high fat low carb" Primal will probably not do. You're going to have to do a high protein, lower fat, low-to-moderate carb version, most likely. You're going to have to eat maintenance calorie, low fat, high protein, moderate carb during lift days to maintain muscle and eat lower calorie, lower fat, high protein, lower carb during rest days to lose body fat.

If you don't lift heavy weights during your "cut," you will likely lose muscle mass at a similar rate to fat mass, so you'll never achieve the desired muscle definition with a calorie deficit. You'll just get skinny-fat. That's the troubling balance - to eat so well you can maintain a solid training program while on a calorie deficit. It's hard and takes dedication - which is why hardly anyone has visible abs in modern, developed socieities.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Another way to see your abs is to train them so hard that they becomes protruding and shines through the layer of fat, even at 15 – 20 % of body fat! That’s the good thing by being a former athlete that paid my dues; when I dieted down from 25+ body fat a few years ago, I started to see them at already around 20-22 % of body fat! Some skinny fat dudes cannot see them even at 8 % because they haven’t trained hard enough!

Also: Having full glycogen stores will make high pressure from within and push the abs out against the skin so they’ll becomes more defined…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Surefire way to see abs definition - starve yourself for a couple days, then eat a shit ton of carbs with no fat and drink a lot of water.

You'll go to bed with abs and wake up like a rippling pool of awful.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Surefire way to see abs definition - starve yourself for a couple days, then eat a shit ton of carbs with no fat and drink a lot of water.

You'll go to bed with abs and wake up like a rippling pool of awful.
    Don't tempt me taco.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

"A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    1 second abs!

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    1 second abs!

Yeah, instant abs, no needs for training anymore...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    1 second abs!

lmao! This is great.

1 second abs!

I see your bet and raise you.

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Everyone has abs. If you want them to be visible you must remove the fat overlying them. This is done via having low body fat, which cannot be lost only in specific parts. Doing exercise for abs is misinformed and unrealistic marketing garbage.

A 4 week plan would include fasting, carb cycling, and lots of LSHAW
    What's up doc? ;-) What is LSHAW?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast